Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGS)

vhym06

• 1 month later...

Hey I was pre-selected and asked to send my prefered program. Now, I am waiting decision because this impacts on the type of Visa i have to ask for to my University, anyone in the same boat?

Hello! So can you please tell me if the email you received confirms you got the award? I have to process my Visa so i was planning to wait till end july when they were suposed to release the results. Thanks!!!

Just got an email that begins with "congratulations". I didn't get an email about pre-selection tho.

Hello! So can you please tell me if the email you received confirms you got the award? I have to process my Visa so i was planning to wait till end july when they were suposed to release the results. Thanks!!!

Yes- it confirms that I got the award and I have to reply them in 3 business days, which is until this wednesday. They want me to send signed award letter, scanned passport and passport size photo and a signed sealed document from work that confirms I have experience in a development related area for at least two years. 

Is your university Harvard too?

I was accepted at HKS MPA2 but chose the Sipa MPA because they gave me a scholarship. Congratulaciones. I dont know if i am out of the award now!

Couldn't understand anything. Do JJWB only notify those people by emails by May 14; accordingto their aannouncement that they only award selected scholar whom they sent the notification asking the proof of admission letter? Or. still there might be chance from the receiver of not getting any notification email by May14?? what is your idea???

In May (before 14th) I received the email asking to choose one preferred program. I sent my preference and no news since then. Who among you received the email in May? In that case, which is your preferred Program?

I got a notification regarding my preferred program in May, but the email did not include any information of being a semi-finalist. In fact it was mentioned that semi-finalists would be notified until May 14th. Although I did not receive an email from the WB regarding being a semi-finalist, on June 26th the secretariat sent my award letter declaring the amount of the scholarship, stipend etc. I hope this information helps you.

Sorry blackmamba but maybe you got the notificatión of award so soon (a month earlier) because you are from a partner program and not a preferred program. Could you please clarify this issue, that means telling what program are you doing to attend. Thanks a lot!!!