Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGS)

vhym06

but as their website announcement declares that finalists will receive email by July only! then how it is possible to receive award result by 26 June??

I draw attention to BLACKMAMBA...please clarify it. I am a preferred program candidate and also get nnotification email as semifinalist on 14 May. But till now don't get any final email.

Today, an hour ago, I received the award email, I also got the scholarship!!! It seems results are released in advance. Good luck for the ones waiting, I cant beleive it myself!!!!

marlef, prior to get this final email have u also got the notification email in 14May?? that means, the all semifinalist are awarded if tjey can show the proof of uunconditional admission letter?

Today, an hour ago, I received the award email, I also got the scholarship!!! It seems results are released in advance. Good luck for the ones waiting, I cant beleive it myself!!!!

congrats! did you accept it? I sent the documents but didn't receive a confirmation. 

Edited by blackmamba

congrats! did you accept it? I sent the documents but didn't receive a confirmation. 

I just sent the documents, they will reach us again when they need more information I think!

hey to all.

i received the e mail for my preferred master program information on mid may. however, my program was providing the admission after may 14th. i was accepted to the sciencespo university on mid june. so i sent my admission letter and my id document to jj/wbgs secretariat 2 weeks ago. however, i did not send the certificate of good health yet. my question is that, should i provide the certificate of good health now or is it possible to wait until the final award of the scholarship decision. in other words, does jj/wbgs make the final scholarship award decision before submitting the certificate of good health. 

if anyone could help me, i would be thankful..

hi cavit,

I am same as u. i was asked for the proof of unconditional letter of acceptance in mid may and sent it accordingly. As they didn't ask about other papers like health certificate and passport copy at that time (as it has been inscripted in application guideline accordingly) i emailed them whether they needed those papers at the same time or not. They informed that they didn't need these letter at that time. So, i think, they will ask these papers after the final result.

..now just waiting for final result. can u tell when can it be come out??

hi cavit,

I am same as u. i was asked for the proof of unconditional letter of acceptance in mid may and sent it accordingly. As they didn't ask about other papers like health certificate and passport copy at that time (as it has been inscripted in application guideline accordingly) i emailed them whether they needed those papers at the same time or not. They informed that they didn't need these letter at that time. So, i think, they will ask these papers after the final result.

..now just waiting for final result. can u tell when can it be come out??

hi ripon, 

i read application guidelines several times. however, there are some contradicting information there or let's say unclear prescriptions. it's been stated in the guideline that for after may 14th acceptances, the university would inform the jj/wbgs secretariat of my acceptance. however, i had to do it personally because university had no idea about jj/wbgs procedures. I sent it 2-3 weeks ago but they did not answered my questions yet. so i had thought that the silence og the secretariat could have been due to the lacking health report of mine. 

but with the information you provided above it seems that they do not require all the documents now. they probably don't respond the e-mails just because of the hundreds of mails they get daily. some people in the forum talks about their award of the scholarship but they are just a few. as it is been stated in their site, the final results of all successful applicant will be announced by late july. i hope we will be on the list of the successful applicants that are not informed yet.

dear cavit,

first of all am giving u thank u as u shared ur thinkings here coz many candidates are here in forum but with less communicative and thus not open minded. They r self-centered. Sorry for them!

yes, May we become successful even if at the end. Many of this forum already have got their success email & those are "partner university" applicants but like u i am also an applicant of "preferred program " applicants. I think they are informing applicants firstly who are of partner program. I also, agree with u that JJWB is not maintaining all procedures stated in the applicant's guidelines. For exsmple : additional requirements for the finslists need to send simultaneously the certificate of good health and passport copy within 30 days. but in this case, they only took unconditional letter of admission as proof which is confusing as according to the guidelines finalists must need submit all these additional papers before they have been awarded scholarships.!

But, whatever their procedure is, just hope for the best for those who have got the notification emails. i hope these people who have received notifications will be successful. What is your opinion?

Ripon blakmama and myself both were "preferred program" awardees, if you read our answers that is clear. Please read tje forum again before writing questions! That we have been awarded the scholarship does not mean that we know anything about the general process. I have still a lot of questions concerning the scholarship but i learnt to be grateful and patient. I suggest you this same spirit towards this hard process. We arw here to help each other and no one is hidding information from you.

hey to all.

i received the e mail for my preferred master program information on mid may. however, my program was providing the admission after may 14th. i was accepted to the sciencespo university on mid june. so i sent my admission letter and my id document to jj/wbgs secretariat 2 weeks ago. however, i did not send the certificate of good health yet. my question is that, should i provide the certificate of good health now or is it possible to wait until the final award of the scholarship decision. in other words, does jj/wbgs make the final scholarship award decision before submitting the certificate of good health.

if anyone could help me, i would be thankful..

dear marlef,

anyway, i don't want to debate here with tjis point. i felt your inconvenience as i asked u several questions after u had given statement regarding your final result of award and didn't get ur helpful ans. (see the posts well). I am sorry if any miscommunication happened. But above all, we r here to help each other.u r right. but before cavit's communication, none of u helped a lot. May b it was ur unexpected reason. Ok, LET'S DRop it! just help each other. and wish good luck ! :)

Dont worry about the certificate of health. I had the same question as you and when I received the award they asked for the health certificate and the other documents that are listed on the guidelines. You will be notified of the requierements when receiving the award. If it helps, I sent my health certificate even without knowing I was going to be awarded the scholarship, but I dont think that was necessary at all. Good luck.

Thank you all for your answers Ripon and Marlef. It seems that we just have to wait, or maybe pray)),  for the results to be positive. i wish bonne chance to scholarship awardees in their study and to waiting nominees on our scholarship search. And Ripon, I think we still have a chance since that it is more probable to announce awardees gradually, in different terms. besides the site of the JJ/WBGS states the late july as the final term for scholarships.    

Hey Cavit you are welcome, good luck!!!

Thank you all for your answers Ripon and Marlef. It seems that we just have to wait, or maybe pray)),  for the results to be positive. i wish bonne chance to scholarship awardees in their study and to waiting nominees on our scholarship search. And Ripon, I think we still have a chance since that it is more probable to announce awardees gradually, in different terms. besides the site of the JJ/WBGS states the late july as the final term for scholarships.    

Edited by marlef

dear Cavit,

thanks a lot though i am not know much about the result notification process. yes, they may inform gradually as each finalist has different criteria and different programs. But the truth is, wre r in tension of last moments. Hoe for our al success. now it seems those who got the final result with success are lucky atleast from this point of view that they are now free from tension. :) marlef is enjoying now his moment. and such should be!

thanks marlef, for ur great success. Pray for us now, dear!

Don't understand when they inform the final result...!!! Or, will not inform at all if not selected finally as they stated " UNSUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE INFORMED" . But I have got their notification email. Can anyone say??

Congrats to those who already received award letters. I am still waiting... Any of you guys have the contact email of the scholarship secretariat that has been corresponding with you guys regarding the university offer letter? I would appreciate it if you can share those email address with me. In my case it is only preferred university and not even preferred programme so I am not sure how it will turn out. A bit worry right now and the result start coming out already. 

Hi yada,

At present the secretariat is not answering any email. I have sent several email asking the possible date of final result. But nothing could hear from them. Though I am a preferred program applicant not partner university. Can't know anything still now. so, is becoming tensed right now. There anr contradictory directory in their web site. They stated about result by " End of July" but if u see their application guideline for developing country, u can find that .." All successful applicant will hear by 15 July..." . So,..still don't know which is the actual date of result... :)

Hi,

You can visit their web site and very easily can get their email address to communicate. There they have an email address to contact for any purpose . But matter is , you surely won't get any response from them.. :D  . This is probably, as they stated that email regarding result outcome wouldn't be answered. 

scholarshipapplicants@worldbank.org

I have no other email address than it.

If I did not receive a notification email in May does that mean I did not get the scholarship?

I received my acceptance letter after May 14th and I am not sure if it was forwarded  to the Scholarship Secretariat. Is there any way to forward my acceptance letter to the scholarship secretariat? They are no longer replying to emails from the email address above.

This process is nerve wrecking, I just want to know already!!!!