NC State 2015

scarvesandcardigans

Congratulations! What are you studying?

Yay! Stats/math/engineering programs are perfect at NC State. Congrats!

Thanks! What are you studying?

Edited by Kiran

I'll be studying Spanish and linguistics! I'm super excited. Have you visited yet?

No.

I am an international student (from India). So I think I will just land there when the session starts.

Edited by Kiran

Aw no! Is it your top choice? Which psych program? How do you think the interviews went? They are on spring break this week and have had a lot of closings with the weather recently.

Thanks for that!

It was for PsyPi, and I reaaaalllllyyyy want NCSU, so we will see.

Thanks for that!

It was for PsyPi, and I reaaaalllllyyyy want NCSU, so we will see.

I think it's a good sign if you had two interviews! I'm relatively familiar with psych grad application processes (I earned a BA in psych) and in my opinion making it in two rounds is good! I checked the results page and I don't see anything about the public interest discipline specifically, so I'm sure they are still working. I would be anticipating a decision maybe the end of next week/the week after based on their schedule currently. State is an awesome school! I grew up 10 minutes from it. I have confidence for you!

I think it's a good sign if you had two interviews! I'm relatively familiar with psych grad application processes (I earned a BA in psych) and in my opinion making it in two rounds is good! I checked the results page and I don't see anything about the public interest discipline specifically, so I'm sure they are still working. I would be anticipating a decision maybe the end of next week/the week after based on their schedule currently. State is an awesome school! I grew up 10 minutes from it. I have confidence for you!

Thanks!!! I just shot my POI a note --not to nag her, but to ask if I can speak to current students in the program in the event that my app is still being considered. My interviews were on the phone due to scheduling conflicts for the in-person interview, so I'd like to get student perspectives on all of the programs before making any commitments. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about funding yet?

I heard maybe 2 weeks after my acceptance date. There is a professor in my department that I met at a conference and he gave me a date then. However, with the weather from mid-late February I wouldn't be surprised if other departments haven't been able to make choices. Considering the date now and the fact that grad level registration is open, I would call if you haven't done so yet!

I'll be starting at ncsu in the fall!!

Yay congratulations! What are you studying?

Is there anyone waiting for funding decision? I am from civil engineering... Got admission on March 5th..but didn't hear anything about funding...getting really tensed now...

Hii all,

I applied for Phd in Computer Science in December. Haven't heard back yet . Any idea when can I expect a decision? Called them up and they said my application is complete and is being reviewed. Have they given out rejections yet?

It looks like a lot of students received decisions between March 7 - 17ish, give or take a couple of days. They were all Masters students though, I didn't see any for PhD. It might be that they just reviewed Masters first and are now moving to PhD. Have you had any other contact with the department?

It looks like a lot of students received decisions between March 7 - 17ish, give or take a couple of days. They were all Masters students though, I didn't see any for PhD. It might be that they just reviewed Masters first and are now moving to PhD. Have you had any other contact with the department?

Nope, I didn't contact them. Still no news.

Hey All,

I just accepted an offer for the MSEE program! I have an Applied Physics background and will be studying Applied Electromagnetics and Biomedical Engineering. Specifically, I'm interested in developing next-generation wireless power systems in the near and far fields, as well as novel medical imaging systems (especially in MRI and other tomographic systems). If things go well, I may even consider moving onto the PhD track down the road.

What a great breadth of strong programs at State... and how about that Centennial Campus?? Plus, if you're paying in-state tuition (like myself), it's hard to find a better valued graduate education out there.

Has anyone had success in securing some type of funding for their first semester? I'm trying to jump on board a research fellowship/assistantship within E.E. right off the bat. However, in talking to a few professors, it looks as though I'm going to have to be "vetted" before they're willing to take a chance with their precious program funds.

Anyone else here in EE or BME? I'd love to hear from you.

Congrats to all who've accepted, and cheers to a successful graduate career! 

I second that. Got my "full" acceptance letter around the 13th for the MSEE program. Hope you get your notice soon! As I've found in the engineering research and science sectors, administrative tasks don't exactly take the first priority. Definitely stay in contact with the department, or try candidly asking any professors with whom you may have already established a positive rapport.

Hey All,

I just accepted an offer for the MSEE program! I have an Applied Physics background and will be studying Applied Electromagnetics and Biomedical Engineering. Specifically, I'm interested in developing next-generation wireless power systems in the near and far fields, as well as novel medical imaging systems (especially in MRI and other tomographic systems). If things go well, I may even consider moving onto the PhD track down the road.

What a great breadth of strong programs at State... and how about that Centennial Campus?? Plus, if you're paying in-state tuition (like myself), it's hard to find a better valued graduate education out there.

Has anyone had success in securing some type of funding for their first semester? I'm trying to jump on board a research fellowship/assistantship within E.E. right off the bat. However, in talking to a few professors, it looks as though I'm going to have to be "vetted" before they're willing to take a chance with their precious program funds.

Anyone else here in EE or BME? I'd love to hear from you.

Congrats to all who've accepted, and cheers to a successful graduate career! 

Congratulations! Welcome to the pack!

I might not be in the same department, but my funding is TAship in CHASS, department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. It's not much ($10K) but it's livable. 

Even in our department the professors seem to be taking their sweet, sweet time to finalize who gets the funds, for all who are curious about funding across the university.

Edited by scarvesandcardigans