U of Toronto MPP SPPG 2015 FALL

Ozone15

I did a google search to learn about the MPP experience at UoT from previous students and what I came across was very disappointing. It seems like the faculty there is a major problem as they are not very helpful. Would you like to share your findings about UoT MPP. Is it really good?

I've also applied to the School of Public Policy & Governance at U of T.

I have a 3.90 cumulative GPA. I'm currently an undergraduate student at U of T, and my formal academic training is in the humanities.

I would not worry about you getting in...cause you got such a high GPA. I just hope you can share with us (all the lurkers + me) when exactly you will get in and how you are notified - email first or online status change first...so this help people with lowers GPA than you guesstimating their approx offer or rejection date - therefore reducing the stress of anxiety of waiting..................... :rolleyes:

I would not worry about you getting in...cause you got such a high GPA. I just hope you can share with us (all the lurkers + me) when exactly you will get in and how you are notified - email first or online status change first...so this help people with lowers GPA than you guesstimating their approx offer or rejection date - therefore reducing the stress of anxiety of waiting..................... :rolleyes:

Thanks for support! Best of luck to you, Ozone15! :-)

I'm still not super confident that I'll be admitted, honestly, but I guess we'll see what happens. Regardless, I will post in this thread whenever I get an update status -- whether it be a rejection or an acceptance. (And I'll let people know how I'm contacted.)

Edited by Patient of Patience

Hello!

Its me again! I have replied to you in my thread. Could you share your background and also the other schools to which you have applied?

Thanks!

Here are my stats:

-3.95 last 2 years, 3.9 GPA cumulative in humanities

-3 summers working for the Ontario Public Service (OPS)

-2 references from professors, 1 reference from OPS supervisor. 

Accepted:

-Ryerson, MPPA. $6k fellowship, possibly TA/RA position

-Queen's,MPA: Possible funding; possible RA position

-Waterloo, MPS; No funding, no job offer. Strongly encouraged not to work during the first year of the program.

Awaiting Decision

-University of Toronto, MPP (In past years they have given out 1-3k entry scholarships).

Rejected:

-None.

I called the UofT's MPP admissions last week and they said first round of offers will go out in early to mid March.

Best of luck everyone! 

I did a google search to learn about the MPP experience at UoT from previous students and what I came across was very disappointing. It seems like the faculty there is a major problem as they are not very helpful. Would you like to share your findings about UoT MPP. Is it really good?

What negative feedback have you heard of the program? I have heard admissions is unresponsive to student inquiries but aside from that not much criticism.

Thanks

I got to quit refreshing this page lol 

Thanks for all the info tho! Hope more lurkers :ph34r:  :ph34r:  will come out and share their stats. I know 2 former SPPG students, they both told me they got their status change to accepted on Wed of the week (which is tmr)!!!!

I got to quit refreshing this page lol 

Thanks for all the info tho! Hope more lurkers :ph34r:  :ph34r:  will come out and share their stats. I know 2 former SPPG students, they both told me they got their status change to accepted on Wed of the week (which is tmr)!!!!

Yes, that seems correct. Based on what I've been able to find, first-round offers were made on the following days during the past four years:

2014: Wednesday March 12th

2013: Wednesday March 6th

2012: Monday March 5th

2011: Tuesday March 8th

(This information could be incorrect, though. Please take it with a grain of salt.)

If I was a betting person, I would bet that first-round offers go out either tomorrow (Wednesday, March 4th) or next Wednesday (March 11th).

My status has been changed to "Decision Made", but I've not yet received an e-mail regarding what the decision is. Heh. I'll keep people posted.

I assume that means you got in because it is early for them to start a wait list or start sending out rejections. But I guess we will have to wait to find out. 

My status also changed to "Decision Made." Haven't received an email or phone call from them either....

I assume that means you got in because it is early for them to start a wait list or start sending out rejections. But I guess we will have to wait to find out. 

My status also changed to "Decision Made." Haven't received an email or phone call from them either....

Yeah, exactly. OK, well, at least I'm not alone. I'll be sure to post here once I've been contacted in some capacity. Do the same, Poliphilo?

My status changed to 'Decision Made' today and I haven't received an e-mail, phone call, or snail mail either. I have an MA in philosophy from Queen's with a 4.0 in that and a 3.85 overall GPA from my undergrad at Carleton (both on a 4.3 scale). I'm somewhat confident but the program is so competitive that I'm still wondering if they do any rejections this early on.  

Yeah, exactly. OK, well, at least I'm not alone. I'll be sure to post here once I've been contacted in some capacity. Do the same, Poliphilo?

Sure, I'll post here when I hear anything further. Their office is probably closed now, so hopefully I hear something tomorrow. 

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Poliphilo

My status changed to 'Decision Made' today and I haven't received an e-mail, phone call, or snail mail either. I have an MA in philosophy from Queen's with a 4.0 in that and a 3.85 overall GPA from my undergrad at Carleton (both on a 4.3 scale). I'm somewhat confident but the program is so competitive that I'm still wondering if they do any rejections this early on.  

I am changed to Decision Made as well today March 5th Thurs 2015...sometime in the morning.

Just wanna refer a quote from the SPPG website...hope this may sound promising (an acceptance) to the 4 of us....so far.......

"Once all applications have been reviewed, we will begin making offers of admission. First round offers are typically made by early March, and admissions continue in rounds until the class is full, at which point unsuccessful candidates will be notified. All such communication will be done via e-mail, with prepared offer of admission packages sent in PDF format."

I will do the same and keep everyone posted...so far, no communication of any sort, what the decision is.

@Ozone and Poliphilo, check U of T ROSI. Log in with your student number (listed on your application) and you can check to see if you were invited. I was :D so that's probably a good sign for everyone else for whom a decision was made. Good luck!

@Ozone and Poliphilo, check U of T ROSI. Log in with your student number (listed on your application) and you can check to see if you were invited. I was :D so that's probably a good sign for everyone else for whom a decision was made. Good luck!

Yes, I have the same option.

Yes, I have the same option.

I actually don't know where you can see the invitation? I can log in ROSI...can you direct me to see which page is it on ROSI?

Thanks JTMurray. U of T ROSI also says I've been "invited." I take that as a good sign.

I assume they are trying to figure out funding offers or are busy dealing with the strike but I don't know what the hold up is. 

Uh-oh....my registration tab under ROSI is empty....... :(

Quick question, for the other 3 invited, are you guys all somehow affiliated with U of Toronto like undergrad or summer school where you all utilized ROSI in some capacity before?

Keeping my fingers crossed....

My Status just CHANGED to INVITED!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Right after I posted my prior post, I went back to ROSI and checked it again....it had a new screen under Registration to INVITED TO MPP! I am thinking they are doing this manually by hand, my last name is towards to end of the alphabet, I literally checked ROSI 1 hours before, it showed nothing...and right after my prior post I checked it again....the invitation showed up!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!