HELP !! Confused ! How beneficial is Diploma ? Phd Confusion

li1234

Hi,
Im a bit confused on how to go about applying for a course in Canada .. I have a few doubts that needs to be clarified and I hope you all can help.

I have completed my Master course in Psychology (Clinical) from Bangalore, India in 2014. I am currently working as a counselor in an assessment firm not clinically related.

I'm in bit of a dilemma on how to go about deciding on the pathway on achieving a Psychologist license in Canada (knowing each province has its own rules and regulation in order to become a registered Psychologist).

Doubts
1) What is the difference between certificate course and diploma courses ?? Which is better and recognised ? I am not keen on applying to a master course in Canada and was wondering if a diploma/certificate course of 1 yr + internship of 1 yr is good and help me get experience of how the practice is done there.?

2) My ultimate aim is to get a Phd and eventually work in Canada. Should I directly apply for a Phd (i,e, am I eligible, since being from a foreign country ) or should I apply for a diploma course and then apply for Phd ?? Which is the better options to have a higher probability to get through Phd?

I am interested to take up a diploma course in order to harness my skills ... but will this 1 yr course benefit me in applying for Phd later in clinical psychology ?? Or atleast get a job for a while in Canada before I start applying for Phd.

Taking as an international student perspective in mind. I hope you can suggest me the best path....

Sorry for a lot of question hope someone will clarify me on it !!

Thank you  :)