Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and Security Studies 2015

I've been checking my email about 6,000 times a day.  It's getting obsessive.

Log into the admissions page and refresh that. You could find out a few minutes or a few hours earlier than your email would arrive! ;)

I'm personally switching between checking Georgetown and George Washington. George is gettin' upset....

Log into the admissions page and refresh that. You could find out a few minutes or a few hours earlier than your email would arrive! ;)

I'm personally switching between checking Georgetown and George Washington. George is gettin' upset....

That's a better idea!  Good luck on GW.  You should get that today--I got my email at 9:45 EST this morning

I'm not trusting my email to get updates... Fletcher never sent me one, the results only show on their web site!

If you applied to SSP then follow their twitter account @sspadmissions. They release all decisions at once and announce it on their twitter.

This was just posted by SSP Admissions Twitter (12:42 ET)

Almost done digging our way out of applications! Thank you to all who applied. Decisions coming end of March/early April. Good luck to all!

Wow. That's potentially two more weeks of waiting! Why must they torture us... :)

I called MSFS admissions yesterday to get a better sense of when decisions will be released. The person I spoke with said that all they could tell me was end of March. She didn't give me the sense that it would be happening very soon, although that could be wrong. I expect we have a couple more weeks of waiting :(

so much waiting...

making the sfs applicant portal my home page until they issue decisions

It looks like you got into some good schools though, so you'll definitely have some options to sort through in the coming weeks!  Congratz on getting into SIPA, I got waitlisted there so for me the Ivy League unicorns were just a bit out of reach hehe.

The admissions process has been so confusing thus far. I'm noticing people are admitted to programs like SFS and SAIS then waitlisted at "lower ranked" (k thx FP!!) schools like SIPA and CIR. What's the deal, world?

Edited by it's an IR world

It looks like you got into some good schools though, so you'll definitely have some options to sort through in the coming weeks!  Congratz on getting into SIPA, I got waitlisted there so for me the Ivy League unicorns were just a bit out of reach hehe.

Thanks! I consider myself very lucky. It's incredibly competitive to get into the top schools, including places like SIS and GW and not just the ivys.

The admissions process has been so confusing thus far. I'm noticing people are admitted to programs like SFS and SAIS then waitlisted at "lower ranked" (k thx FP!!) schools like SIPA and CIR. What's the deal, world?

I'm guessing it might be an issue of people not customizing their applications for the schools in question, and just focusing their customization efforts on SFS and SAIS. For my Statements of Purpose, about half of it was the same for each of my six schools, and the other half of it was customized based on each Master program's available concentrations and with a shout out to one professor I hoped to work with in my particular field.

Obviously the other factor is "fit", but I'd imagine all of the IR programs are looking for the same kind of person, to be honest. Some schools might have stronger specific "area studies" departments, and I think that was one factor in me getting funding from SAIS but not from most other schools.

Edited by ir_gradstudent

I'm guessing it might be an issue of people not customizing their applications for the schools in question, and just focusing their customization efforts on SFS and SAIS. For my Statements of Purpose, about half of it was the same for each of my six schools, and the other half of it was customized based on each Master program's available concentrations and with a shout out to one professor I hoped to work with in my particular field.

Obviously the other factor is "fit", but I'd imagine all of the IR programs are looking for the same kind of person, to be honest. Some schools might have stronger specific "area studies" departments, and I think that was one factor in me getting funding from SAIS but not from most other schools.

Ok that is a totally reasonable venture.

I'm going to stop shaking the Magic 8 ball now. 

Thanks! Not to sound like a broken record but I was shocked to find out I was selected. I know it is insanely competitive so I was ecstatic.

I sent you a PM, if you don't mind! Rangel's my dream fellowship.