Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and Security Studies 2015

Just got an email from Georgetown saying that my admissions decision (for MSFS) was available. Rejected :( . Sad, but not unexpected.

Good luck to everyone else, and congrats to all of those accepted!!

DECISIONS ARE OUT! I just got my decision! Admission to SFS MSFS program, and a financial aid award! Not sure on the amount yet, but this just makes choosing between SAIS and MSFS all the harder...

Got in too! Congrats.  I don't see anything about funding.  Does that mean no funding? in any case, pretty happy!

Rejected, expected and okay with it as I wasn't very into the program.

I was rejected as well and feel the same. Luckily I've felt this way about all my rejections so far. GWU was my top choice and luckily I got into that one... Congrats to everyone who got in!  :)

Got in too! Congrats.  I don't see anything about funding.  Does that mean no funding? in any case, pretty happy!

It was in the second paragraph of my admissions letter:

Dear Mr. ir_gradstudent:

Upon the recommendation of the Admissions Committee, I am pleased to approve your admission to the M.S. in Foreign Service program, effective with the Fall 2015 Semester. Be sure to print or save a copy of this letter for your future reference.

I am also pleased to inform you that you have been selected to receive a merit-based Graduate School financial aid award. More information about your award and how to accept it is detailed in the financial award letter that will follow.

Edited by ir_gradstudent

I was rejected as well and feel the same. Luckily I've felt this way about all my rejections so far. GWU was my top choice and luckily I got into that one... Congrats to everyone who got in!  :)

Yep, I'd much rather get rejected at a school I'm not into than take the place of someone who really wants it. I got waitlisted at my top choice (Fletcher)... so hopefully that pans out somehow!

What does anyone know about how this program compares to SAIS? I feel like between SAIS, SIPA and Fletcher, MSFS has a strong reputation but seems to occupy a slightly different niche? It's a bit more difficult to find information on...

What does anyone know about how this program compares to SAIS? I feel like between SAIS, SIPA and Fletcher, MSFS has a strong reputation but seems to occupy a slightly different niche? It's a bit more difficult to find information on...

According to Foreign Policy, MSFS is the best IR Masters program in the world with SAIS right behind it.

According to Foreign Policy, MSFS is the best IR Masters program in the world with SAIS right behind it.

Most competitive too (at least that I've heard).

Edited by ZebraFinch

I was waitlisted. For those of you who were accepted, can you tell me by what date you have to notify Georgetown of intended enrollment? I'm curious when I could possibly hear back from them. I got into two other schools so far, so I'm wondering how much I should even consider Georgetown as a possibility.

I was waitlisted. For those of you who were accepted, can you tell me by what date you have to notify Georgetown of intended enrollment? I'm curious when I could possibly hear back from them. I got into two other schools so far, so I'm wondering how much I should even consider Georgetown as a possibility.

April 20th deposit. I wouldn't give up hope of advancing from the waitlist, I get the sense that no IR program has a very high yield. I for one am probably turning down Gtown. Best of luck!