Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and Security Studies 2015

Received an acceptance email at 1:01pm PST from Tyler Browne/signed Bruce Hoffman. Strong GPA, LORs, decent GRE. 4 years relevant work history. Also received a 25% merit based scholarship.

Stoked.

I was accepted into SSP but with no funding. It's my dream school, but I'm not sure I can justify the debt. I have no idea what the average salary is for the security field, and so I can't judge if the debt is worth it.

What do you all think?

Edited by whaynes2

Hey guys - I started an "ADMITTED" thread for SSP F15 students, more concise and specifically for the SSP vice the SFS broad program and the other SFS schools.

• 4 weeks later...

I got in, but I didn't get funding. They said they would put me on a scholarship waitlist and tell me about anything between April 20th and May 1st. Does everyone get put on a waitlist?

Has anyone heard back about final funding decisions yet?

Yes, I think around 5pm (Central European Time). But I was mailing back and forth before that.

Interesting, did you "negotiate" funding with them based on other offers? Do you think that helped?

Has anyone heard definitively that they will not be getting off the funding waitlist?

Yes, I made it clear that I was set to go to another school (with scholarship) because I already placed the deposit there.. but that Georgetown was still my top-choice. So no real negotiating, but giving them hints about what I intended to do if I didn't get any funding.

Yes, I made it clear that I was set to go to another school (with scholarship) because I already placed the deposit there.. but that Georgetown was still my top-choice. So no real negotiating, but giving them hints about what I intended to do if I didn't get any funding.

Interesting, good to hear. Congratulations!