UC Berkeley Goldman MPP 2015

naso

I think the first batch of simple acceptances followed by the lucky ones who got some help with the funding is out.Now I think we shall see the next batch of wait listed and not accepted applicants.

Just a wild thought as trying to put some logic in the decision release process.

Hopes are fast diminishing.

Any comments from someone who is aware of the process.

For the people who have been accepted, has the status on the application page has been changed to the "accepted"from the submitted status?

I am looking for the hints to accept that I have not made it.

Thanks for the enthusiastic congrats folks! 

My application page still reads submitted even though I was accepted at around 12pm March 9th with the GOP Fellowship. I'm a U.S. citizen that's been living abroad for almost 2 years. I get the impression that the Graduate Division has some kind of departmental scheduling to release information different programs must adhere by to keep the graduate body in check in case of any hiccups. Just a thought. I'm holding out that they're gonna do another round of releasing decisions and closely monitor this mailchimp thing the email portals to. Letters are somewhat personalized and by looking through this useful thread from 2012, admissions were released over multiple days. Hang in there folks! 

Link. Lots of good funding info for those who get admitted:

Hoping to hear you come back here with good news! Good Luck!

I just spoke to someone in admissions on the phone, and they said that they will put up a blog post when all of the decisions have been sent out. 

Thanks for calling them, though I don't know who they think that's helpful to. Everyone who applied will know their status before the blog post is made, and anyone who didn't apply probably doesn't care when all decisions have been sent from a program they didn't apply to. Who benefits from such an update? 

I guess I'm just frustrated from anxiously waiting for so long, hearing about joyful acceptances in the meantime.

This wait is excruciating!

I hate Goldman already. Why wait until the very last minute to reject applicants? Just tell me already!!!!

How cruel of them......

Ditto MJA87.....THE question is why this staggered release? Wait is not a good feeling.

I am convinced this is a deliberate psychological conditioning intervention designed to boost yield (e.g., this is a free way for them to tip a candidate from, say, 50/50 on GSPP with no $ vs. Chicago w/$$$).

Or at least I'd like to believe they are going for viscous competitive brilliance rather than just needless thoughtlessness!

Edited by nelag

I think they made a mistake in the process and that is why they are releasing few decisions every day. 

I'm honestly a little dissapointed on Goldman. Even if we are rejects I think we deserve some level of empathy (we paid the admissions fee too)... Keeping us waiting feels a bit mean.

As MJA87 said, a post on the admissions blog is not helpful when all letters have been released. At this rate, that could be on friday or next monday. 

I think they made a mistake in the process and that is why they are releasing few decisions every day.

I'm honestly a little dissapointed on Goldman. Even if we are rejects I think we deserve some level of empathy (we paid the admissions fee too)... Keeping us waiting feels a bit mean.

As MJA87 said, a post on the admissions blog is not helpful when all letters have been released. At this rate, that could be on friday or next monday.

I think they made a mistake in the process and that is why they are releasing few decisions every day.  I'm honestly a little dissapointed on Goldman. Even if we are rejects I think we deserve some level of empathy (we paid the admissions fee too)... Keeping us waiting feels a bit mean. As MJA87 said, a post on the admissions blog is not helpful when all letters have been released. At this rate, that could be on friday or next monday.

Totally true!!!

I do not think this is the case only because there have been NO rejections (meaning there is a clear pattern here, and I can't think why a mistake would lead to them delaying ALL rejections until the end). I think they just switched their order, possibly as part of some kind of operations experiment or yield result A/B test vis-a-vis previous cycles during which rejections went out first instead of last.

Edited by nelag

@nelag 

I think you are putting too much faith in the process or the people behind it. We are all humans who make mistakes from time to time. At this point, the "pattern" is even disrespectful and I don't think a school like Berkeley (with a great reputation) would do something like this just for the sake of it (only if they had rolling admissions, which they don't). 

There have been rejections. Someone posted one up. Still, I wouldn't trust too much on the search results either because this forum is a little biased (at the end of the day, the ones who post in here are most of the time the "intense" kind of people who would likely invest time on their application). 

If you are right, I would feel even more dissapointed on Berkeley. I'm an economist and I have designed experiments and I believe in them, but we are not lab rats. In whatever angle you try to see it, this situation is just wrong in so many levels. So many other schools are just so thoughtful that rejection doesn't fell the way its feeling with Berkeley. 

Good luck to us all!! :)

I don't think it's mean. The only reason we know some people were accepted was because of this forum. They weren't forcing the information on you.

Thanks for your message! Goldman is my top choice. While I have gotten in, I was not selected for a fellowship. I wondered if you had any advice//suggestions on where I may look/what I might do to make this acceptance an attendance. I am in international student, so I imagine most of the benefits to US/Cal residents would not apply. Thanks!

I'm not sure there are any benefits of being a US/CA resident. You would get in-state tuition as a CA resident but that's it. What are you looking for information about?