Univ. Nebraska-Lincoln

Hi everyone! :) I'm hoping to connect to others who have been accepted at UNL! :) I'm so excited to have been accepted here, it is such a solid program! Will any of you accept here? Go to the open house? I'm thinking I will attend the open house on April 10! I really want to meet the professors and tour the campus, labs, and clinics!

UNL's program has a lot to offer. I applied here because the professors expertise really aligned with my interests (such as early intervention, AAC, autism, working with infants and families). Overall, the are very well-rounded, they offer many research opportunities in many different areas so I feel like this program can really help me be a very well-rounded SLP :) They also focus on TBI, oral plastics, reading disabilities, and accent reduction. There is a lot going on! :) I would recommend you look through their SLP program website so you can get a feel for the school and you can look up professor's bios too :)

Thank you for the information! That is exactly what my interests are too haha, Children, AAC, Autism, literacy, and accent reduction just sounds fun.  I have looked at their website but find it a little difficult to navigate compared to others.  I'll be sending an email soon inquiring about specific coursework, b/c all I can seem to find is a long list of a lot of good classes, but I want to know which are Graduate "core" coursework and not electives b/c I want to take them all haha.  Again thank you for the good news :) 

Yes, I believe I will accept here. It is also ranked 10% in the nation! :) BIG PLUS :) I think it is a good thing you look for schools where you are able to strengthen your areas of interest. I feel that helped me a lot in writing my statement and that made it stronger. :) You are right, I myself am having trouble finding the "core" classes. I'm sure they cover everything we need according to ASHA's standards though so I'm not too worried! :) and they have so many electives! I'm excited about that.

Edited by hopefulslp2b

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I believe I will accept here. It is also ranked 10% in the nation! :) BIG PLUS :) I think it is a good thing you look for schools where you are able to strengthen your areas of interest. I feel that helped me a lot in writing my statement and that made it stronger. :) You are right, I myself am having trouble finding the "core" classes. I'm sure they cover everything we need according to ASHA's standards though so I'm not too worried! :) and they have so many electives! I'm excited about that.

I emailed to get more program information specifics but haven't heard back.  Might you happen to know their best contact person, I keep having bad luck even though I'm emailing who is listed!  I know the electives look awesome!  I want to see how many I would be able to take.  They are definitely going on my short list!

The best person to contact would be Jill England, you can find her information on ASHA's EdFind website. She is very helpful, however you might not have heard back because I am assuming they are extremely busy right now trying to determine what students will accept/decline and trying to figure out their cohort.

The best person to contact would be Jill England, you can find her information on ASHA's EdFind website. She is very helpful, however you might not have heard back because I am assuming they are extremely busy right now trying to determine what students will accept/decline and trying to figure out their cohort.

Thank you!  I know I have terrible timing haha.  I'm hoping they still work during summer so I can resend my questions at a more convenient time.  Or even in a month.  

• 4 weeks later...