Anthropology Decisions 2015

FaultyPowers

Just accepted my offer from medical anthropology at the University of Connecticut.

Guys, we did it!

alright!

I accepted my offer from University of Chicago, Comparative Human Development. The deed is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got all my offers in, and made a decision!  I will be attending University of Minnesota...School of Public Health.  So count me among the anthropologist that are in Health Services Research.  I'll still see some of you at SFAA I'm sure!

Well I finally got all my offers in, and made a decision! I will be attending University of Minnesota...School of Public Health. So count me among the anthropologist that are in Health Services Research. I'll still see some of you at SFAA I'm sure!

Congratulations annwyn! I'll see you at SFAA!

Well I finally got all my offers in, and made a decision! I will be attending University of Minnesota...School of Public Health. So count me among the anthropologist that are in Health Services Research. I'll still see some of you at SFAA I'm sure!

The number of anthropologists doing health services research is growing!

Edited by PurpleZephyr

Hey,

anyone going to Hopkins?

I just got off the waitlist yesterday, which was unexpected. And now I am finding myself suddednly having to make this big decision between England (the London School of Economics&Oxford) and the USA (Hopkins), which are two different systems and different lives. But both are great fits.

So I was wondering if anyone had any input at all with regards to academics, lifestyle etc. I have never been to Baltimore and I am feeling a little like I have to make a blind decision very quickly. 

Mwaaaah

Hey,

anyone going to Hopkins?

I just got off the waitlist yesterday, which was unexpected. And now I am finding myself suddednly having to make this big decision between England (the London School of Economics&Oxford) and the USA (Hopkins), which are two different systems and different lives. But both are great fits.

So I was wondering if anyone had any input at all with regards to academics, lifestyle etc. I have never been to Baltimore and I am feeling a little like I have to make a blind decision very quickly. 

Mwaaaah

Hey,

anyone going to Hopkins?

Mwaaaah

Not going to Hopkins but YES to the US v UK decision! I'll PM you rather than do a stream-of-consciousness post here. And congrats on your great choices!

Hey,

anyone going to Hopkins?

Mwaaaah

I am going to Hopkins! PMing you right now. 

Hey everyone, I know I posted this in the other forum page but Right now Im deciding between Sheffield and Georgia State. Just waiting on funding but I hope to go to Georgia for the Fall for Bioarchaeology and Forensic Anthro, then reapply for 2017 season. anyone down in that area? 

Congrats! I did my undergrad there, and I loved it. The department is mostly drama-free, and most faculty is super supportive. 

I am still waiting on a few schools, but it looks like UCSD with full funding for me!

Yay! Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! I did my undergrad there, and I loved it. The department is mostly drama-free, and most faculty is super supportive. 

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that! 

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that! 

Are you going to be working with Dr. Turner? If you are, she's great! I took a class with her, and it was super clear and interesting. I also had a melt-down in class once (due to personal reasons), and she took me in and was very caring and nice.

I'm sure you'll love it. Atlanta is fantastic too!

Are you going to be working with Dr. Turner? If you are, she's great! I took a class with her, and it was super clear and interesting. I also had a melt-down in class once (due to personal reasons), and she took me in and was very caring and nice.

I'm sure you'll love it. Atlanta is fantastic too!

Yeah I will be! She'll be my advisor for the MA and she was my friend's as well who just completed the MA. I've only heard good things about her, so I'm wicked stoked. Plus she's from Mass so we'll have another thing to bond over haha