NYU Steinhardt Mental Health Counseling (MA)

QueenNee22

Has anyone heard anything back from NYU steinhardt Mental Health Counseling (MA) program? I am dying to know one way or another whether I got in or not. I submitted my application in November and I am anxious to know. Anyone else feel the same? 

It's driving me insane! But I'm pretty sure the result will come by email before recieving the packet.. That's what I've noticed from looking at results for past few years. So I have my email alert on at all times and my phone glued to me until I hear from them.. I hoping we may hear next week! Fingers crossed..

I saw that too and it really disappointed me especially since they said results would come out mid-end of march.. Im really not sure how much longer I can wait.. where else did you apply?

I only applied to 3 schools as well.. NYU, Fordham University and Hunter College. Yesterday I heard from Fordham and I got in :) it's crazy because Fordham had said we wouldn't hear till the last week of March and I heard before NYU!

Congrats. Well at least you have an option that is definite now. I hope we all hear something from NYU soon. I know they get a lot of applications so its a lot to look through and consider, but we need to hear something soon.

Good god! I hope for the life of me that all this "waiting" is worth it. I only applied to two programs..one I know for sure is a rejection because of a missing assessment that is still being carried out. They contacted me mid feb asking for it and said for my application to be considered theyll need the assessment. I emailed back saying if my app could be conditionally reviewed, as i am expecting the results of the assessment soon. I never heard back and I know for a fact they interview most applicants. I just wish they'd be more straightforward and reject me once the decision was made, because all this waiting is giving me false hope. The other is NYU and acceptance rate is 37%? lol I don't even know what to expect. I just don't want to be too hopeful or too downbeat. I'll stick to crazy.

It is somewhat bothersome as you stated especially considering my other school was due over 2 weeks after NYU and they told us straight out when we applie we wouldn't hear back till last week of March and I heard before. NYU said we would hear mid- late March and from what it looks like no one has heard in our program. There acceptance rate is pretty to be honest if I don't get in I won't even be upset at this point but I would still like to do so I can make my next move. Let's hope it is soon!!!!!

I feel the same way as you guys. All this waiting is terrible and is playing with all of our emotions. I had an interview from another program last Friday and they already made decisions. I still do not know if I got in yet or not because e-mails haven't been sent out yet but at least they made progress. I had no idea NYU's acceptance rate was that low. I knew it wasn't high but 37% sheesh no wonder all of those people were being rejected. Im preparing myself for the blow now.

I know what you mean you guys. I woke up in the middle of the night to check my phone. Even had a dream lol. Also I just read on Twitter that NYU will be sending out their admission decisions in waves today. Not sure if that applies for graduate admissions as well...Anyone heard a word?

Haven't heard anything still.. I thought maybe today because I heard from Fordham last Friday at 3:59 haha.. I know that doesn't mean anything but I was just thinking after a full weeks done they wrap up decisions and send them out at the end of the work day. Let's pray!!!! I need to let fordham know my decision within 3 weeks so I want to know soon. I know exactly how you guys feel. Since I've been accepted into one program I feel better but I use to feel stressed and sick all the time.. I am praying for you guys and hoping we will hear within a few hours!

I hope so!! I've been looking at NYU results and general and looks like some people are hearing on the weekends? Which I find a bit odd but either way should be within the next 6 days at the longest!