Elliott School 2015

Regarding funding, I got a call Friday telling me I received a merit scholarship but my letter today has the May 2nd decision deadline as well. Not sure that date means anything for sure about funding.

Just got mine, waitlisted for Security Studies.

At this point, almost morbidly hoping for a Georgetown Waitlist so I can have a simultaneous trio of Elliott-SAIS-SFS waitlists.

Edited by GreenGator

Waitlisted for International Affairs.

If anyone is declining admission, let them know soon! ;)

Anyone have insider info on how GWU handles its waitlist?

FYI, I just now received an email about a fellowship ($5K per semester).

Ah i see, cool! so most people are not getting it at the same time.  I just got my admission a few minutes ago, so I'm assuming if I do get something, it'll be later on or sometime this week.

The wording was slightly confusing regarding the disbursement of the fellowship. I sent an email asking whether the fellowship was split between each semester (5k fellowship = $2500 per semester) or if 5k was applied each semester.

That fellowship letter was so unclear. Not sure if it's $8k/semester or $8k/year, which is a huge difference. Has anyone already called and asked? If not, I'll call tomorrow. 

Congrats to everyone that got in!!

Interesting! Was that the Wolcott, or a generic ESIA fellowship?

This was just a general fellowship! No word yet on the Wolcott. Seems like no one else has heard either?

The wording was slightly confusing regarding the disbursement of the fellowship. I sent an email asking whether the fellowship was split between each semester (5k fellowship = $2500 per semester) or if 5k was applied each semester.

I thought mine was $5K per semester, until I saw your post, and now I'm questioning mine too. "In your first and second years, you will receive $ 5,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017." I think that means $5K per semester? Is that what yours said too?