Johns Hopkins SAIS 2015

I think so. I was already admitted to SAIS in December through Early Notification, but I didn't get any notification either way about funding. I asked the financial aid office and they said the EN and Regular admits funding is released around the same time. They told me my funding decision would be available on the 13th. So I would assume it's the day Regular decisions are released.

good luck!

Mysteriously, starting yesterday, the link on the application website to see one's acceptance/rejection letter for Early Notification disappeared. That tells me they're getting the Regular Applicant results ready to post imminently. However last year's results went out on Friday March 14th, so we may have to wait a couple more days...

Edited by ReinventOneself

Per the Admissions Website:

Master of Arts (M.A.) 

Early Notification Application Deadline

November 15

Early Notification Decisions Released                                                                  

December 30

Regular Application Deadline                                                                                

January 7

Financial Aid Application Deadline                                                                          

February 15

Regular Admissions Decisions Released                                                             

March 13

Financial Aid Decisions Released                                                                           

March 13

Hasn't stopped me from refreshing my application page to see if they've uploaded anything early.

Anyone know if "shortly after" for funding means same day, or next week?

Accepted: Sciences Po PSIA, Columbia SIPA

Rejected: Princeton WWS, Yale Jackson

Waiting: Georgetown SFS, Johns Hopkins SAIS, American SIS, Geneva IHEID

I've stalked the timelines very intensely. Given that 2014 was on a Friday, we will hopefully see stuff midday.

In 2014 the Bologna acceptances started at 11am EST and then DC was around 2pm on Friday, March 14:

2013 Tuesday, March 12 @ 6:40pm EST: 

2012 Tuesday, March 13 @ 6:30pm EST:

I've stalked the timelines very intensely. Given that 2014 was on a Friday, we will hopefully see stuff midday.

In 2014 the Bologna acceptances started at 11am EST and then DC was around 2pm on Friday, March 14:

2013 Tuesday, March 12 @ 6:40pm EST: 

2012 Tuesday, March 13 @ 6:30pm EST:

I'm PST so I'm assuming it'll be a mid-morning/afternoon e-mail for me. Work is going to be hard to sit through tomorrow, regardless of the decision.

This forum has been such a reprieve. 

Does anyone have a sense for how much merit funding SAIS gives out?

Edit: anxiously awaiting tomorrow...

Edited by Akueldo

Not to add to the confusing, but I got my fellowship award notice for Bologna at 1.30pm (GMT+1) last year, but I didn't get the notice to check the portal until a few hours later. Not surprisingly, I thought it was a huge mistake and had the sweats for a bit.

Good luck everyone! I'm anxious for you all too.

Not to add to the confusing, but I got my fellowship award notice for Bologna at 1.30pm (GMT+1) last year, but I didn't get the notice to check the portal until a few hours later. Not surprisingly, I thought it was a huge mistake and had the sweats for a bit.

Good luck everyone! I'm anxious for you all too.

To add to that, my acceptance letter to SAIS early decision didn't post until well past DC business hours

Check the application portal guys, my decision has been posted already. Haven't received an email or any word about aid yet however.

Did you apply for the MA program? I checked my MA portal for SAIS, and no update yet.

Guess I'm going to be refreshing like mad now.

MY DECISION FOR D.C. MA IS POSTED ON THE SITE. ACCEPTED!!!! I'm soooooooo happy. SAIS is my top choice, tied with Georgetown... they both have strong programs in the niche international field I'm interested in, but SAIS may be stronger. Now to wait and see what Georgetown says!

No word on financial aid yet:

Candidates who have submitted their SAIS financial aid application and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15 will be sent a separate communication from the Office of Financial Aid on March 13 providing them with instructions to access and accept their financial aid awards. If your FAFSA was submitted after the 15th, award information will follow within two weeks later.

Edited by ir_gradstudent