GRE Material? (Other questions as well)

Chemissst

Hello everyone!

I am planing to graduate this semester with a BSc in chemistry. I am planning to apply to various PhD programmes in North America as well as a couple in Australia. I have signed up for the GRE Chemistry subject test and I have tried obtaining past exams but I didn't find any, does anyone know how can I obtain past exams other than the one provided by ETS?

Also, I am kind of worried since my research experience isn't as impressive as that of many PhD candidates here, so I am kind of worried that my credentials will not be enough, so I would really appreciate it if you guys took a look at my credentials below and share with my your thoughts whether I'd get accepted or what:

*I come from a country where English is not the official language.

* GPA: 3.82 (highest honours) Major GPA: 3.97

* TOEFL iBT: 113

*1 research internship, no published papers, 4-months long.

* I have been working on my senior thesis for roughly an academic year now.

* I spent a Summer semester at the University of Cambridge.

* I have been a senator at the student senate at my university.

* I have been an active member in the Chemistry Association.

Edit: I am looking for GRE Chemistry Subject test past exams.

Edited by Chemissst

Sorry I don't think you can get actual past exams.

If you're looking for sample exams, I recommend reading the "Practice GRE Scores vs. Real GRE Scores" thread, where people simultaneously give their opinions on the most accurate practice tests offered by various companies.

I have a TON of materials I am trying to sell right now. Feel free to PM me if interested (for instance I have a full Kaplan GRE course of books and practice tests, and several others books as well).

Your credentials don't look bad at all. Do you have good LORs?

Don't stress too much over the subject GRE, it's a pretty easy exam. I studied for a couple of days for it using a princeton book, but I realized while actually writing the paper that what helped way more than my couple of days of studying was random pieces of information from undergrad courses that I didn't even know I had stored away in my head. I still screwed it up, but that's because in my country we have to take the paper based test for the subject GRE and I miscalculated the time it would take to fill up the answer sheet :/ :/

ETS provides at least 1 copy of an old chem GRE on their website (from like 10 yrs ago). Honestly reviewing your undergrad textbooks & notes is the best way to prep for subject GREs.

• 2 months later...

Your credentials don't look bad at all. Do you have good LORs?

Don't stress too much over the subject GRE, it's a pretty easy exam. I studied for a couple of days for it using a princeton book, but I realized while actually writing the paper that what helped way more than my couple of days of studying was random pieces of information from undergrad courses that I didn't even know I had stored away in my head. I still screwed it up, but that's because in my country we have to take the paper based test for the subject GRE and I miscalculated the time it would take to fill up the answer sheet :/ :/

How can I judge the quality of the LORs?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I couldn't reply in time since I was not notified by Email.