Boston University Online and Indiana University Online

BlueBirds

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum. 

I am thinking about applying to Boston University's MSW online program and Indiana University's MSW online program. Has anyone applied to these programs or is currently in any of these programs? If so, can you give me some insight? How do you like it? Pros/cons of online MSW programs? How was the admissions process?

Thank you!  

• 4 months later...

I am finishing up my last semester through Indiana University online. I was considering these two when looking at grad schools and ultimately IU offered me the best program for what I needed. 

• 1 year later...

Hi @arrriella - I know this is an old post but I'm curious about your experience at IU online. 

. Regarding the field internships: 

-Is there is a department field coordinator that helped you secure a field placement in your hometown? Did you have a lot of field placement options? How did this go?  

Regarding an online degree in general:
-is there a signifier associated with the degree that marks it as an MSW earned online? Or do you just put "MSW, Indiana University, 2015" on your resume? Have any prospective employers had a problem with an online degree?

Basically what I want to know is.. has it held you back in any way?

Thanks so much.