Columbia stat vs Michigan ann arbor applied stat

hayoung916

I got admission offers from columbia(ma in statistics) and michigan ann arbor(applied statistics).

I was leaning toward columbia university, considering its reputation, the merit of the big city and the short period of completion. (1-year)

The problem is that I have heard several times that the program is not that good and even easy to enter.

I am worried that it would be a problem if I decide to go on to do phD in the future.

(I have not decided yet to go on to do phD or come back to the industry. This is a big decision, so I do not want to fix this matter right now.)

Also, it is hard to give up the university of michigan, as I know that michigan is more highly regarded in the field of statistics.

Thank you in advance for your helpful advice.

(PS: tuition and life expenses are not my concerns as I have planned this for a long time.)

I sent you a PM.

I got admission offers from columbia(ma in statistics) and michigan ann arbor(applied statistics).

I was leaning toward columbia university, considering its reputation, the merit of the big city and the short period of completion. (1-year)

The problem is that I have heard several times that the program is not that good and even easy to enter.

I am worried that it would be a problem if I decide to go on to do phD in the future.

(I have not decided yet to go on to do phD or come back to the industry. This is a big decision, so I do not want to fix this matter right now.)

Also, it is hard to give up the university of michigan, as I know that michigan is more highly regarded in the field of statistics.

Thank you in advance for your helpful advice.

(PS: tuition and life expenses are not my concerns as I have planned this for a long time.)

@Mocha, @Decaf

Do you have any info about the Umich Stat MA and Columbia stat MA? Now I face the same problem...

I also got the Columbia and Umich stat MA...

Thanks!