PhD Counseling Psych SOP. Any volunteer reviewers?

Hey all,

I'm jumping the gun a bit and preparing my material for Fall 2016 admissions. I'm applying to clinical and counseling psych PhD programs. My undergrad cum GPA is very low for these programs (3.08), so I'm really trying to compensate with a stellar SOP. Trite tale: family and personal problems brought down my GPA Senior year and led to me dropping out, but those issues have resolved and I've been employed in the mental health field full-time for several years with awesome professional recommendations. Plus, prior to my Senior year I had a 3.7 cum and 3.79 major GPA, so I'm confident in my ability to succeed at graduate level studies.

Would anybody help me out and review my SOP and/or CV? I'm looking to be seriously critiqued in all domains, but especially for active/passive voice.

Thanks so much,

An Aspirant Candidate

P.S. I have been admitted to a three-year master's program, so I can demonstrate my ability to succeed in grad studies that way if needed, but I'd much rather save a few years and some student loans by heading straight to a doctoral program.

• 5 months later...

Hey all,

I'm jumping the gun a bit and preparing my material for Fall 2016 admissions. I'm applying to clinical and counseling psych PhD programs. My undergrad cum GPA is very low for these programs (3.08), so I'm really trying to compensate with a stellar SOP. Trite tale: family and personal problems brought down my GPA Senior year and led to me dropping out, but those issues have resolved and I've been employed in the mental health field full-time for several years with awesome professional recommendations. Plus, prior to my Senior year I had a 3.7 cum and 3.79 major GPA, so I'm confident in my ability to succeed at graduate level studies.

Would anybody help me out and review my SOP and/or CV? I'm looking to be seriously critiqued in all domains, but especially for active/passive voice.

Thanks so much,

An Aspirant Candidate

P.S. I have been admitted to a three-year master's program, so I can demonstrate my ability to succeed in grad studies that way if needed, but I'd much rather save a few years and some student loans by heading straight to a doctoral program.

Did you get a reader?