Living alone vs. Roommates

Thanks. Lol,you're right. It definitely all comes with costs and benefits. You want to pay cheap? Well either get a roommate(s), live in the hood (the 800-900$ 1 bedrooms were all in Southwest and Northeast DC. I drove by many of them), or live far out in Maryland. I wouldn't even put Arlington in the spot of being extremely cost efficient. But it beats some of the prices in several DC neighborhoods. The apartment that I found near Pentagon City (an area that is part of Arlington) is cheaper than living in a 2k one bedroom on campus in Foggy Bottom. So no complaints from me. Then, if you won't have a car like me, finding housing that has a close by metro/bus stop, walkable food markets, and moderate safety simultaneously is another thing that might take patience and determination to find.

Edited by Guest

I work in DC and live alone in Dupont Circle--if I didn't have the joys of familial connections there is no way I could afford it. When I first relocated to the region I lived in PG County, MD. Got tired of that metro trip pretty quickly, and now I can walk to work and to most stores I need to get to.

You're right about that. When I made my visit, many local DC people kept recommending Maryland (especially the Silverspring area). I didn't even touch Maryland during my visit. It just seemed too far out in regards to a somewhat decent length commute trip.

Edited by Guest