UCLA FALL 2015

I will be attending the UCLA MSW program this fall! I am also worried about housing because the campus seems to be in a very expensive location and I won't be able to do some on the ground searching for a place until August at least.

I will be attending the UCLA MSW program this fall! I am also worried about housing because the campus seems to be in a very expensive location and I won't be able to do some on the ground searching for a place until August at least.

Even the university housing is 5 miles from campus, lol. I wouldn't expect to live very close to UCLA. I'm likely going to be living in Playa del Rey if I accept which is a 20 minute drive or a 1hr 20 minute bus ride.

Well I applied for Weyburn terrace and HIlgard as my first choices which are both walking distance to campus (and rather expensive), but I'm also hoping to find some off campus (yet still walking distance) options...

Well I applied for Weyburn terrace and HIlgard as my first choices which are both walking distance to campus (and rather expensive), but I'm also hoping to find some off campus (yet still walking distance) options...

If you are going alone it definitely increases your options. I have a SO coming with so we were hypothetically stuck with UCLA family housing which is in Mar Vista (5 miles away from campus). My department has no priority slots left for housing though.

Everything I looked at around UCLA was like $2,000/mo for a 1bd. I'm coming from a place where my 750 sqft apartment that is 50 feet from campus is is $430/mo, lol.

Edited by twentysix

Yeah, I don't even think my department (social welfare) had priority spots for housing to begin with.....good luck in your search! I'm hoping to find a studio for around 1000-1200/month....

Hi All, I'm going to be getting my PhD in psychology at UCLA! I'm coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, so housing doesn't look that unreasonable (relatively). Does anyone know when housing offers will be made for student housing? I think I read August somewhere, but that seems pretty close to September...

Hi All, I'm going to be getting my PhD in psychology at UCLA! I'm coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, so housing doesn't look that unreasonable (relatively). Does anyone know when housing offers will be made for student housing? I think I read August somewhere, but that seems pretty close to September...

Congrats! Offers of priority housing placement should have happened already, your actual placement in a particular unit will be down the road sometime.