BSW 2015 Applications!

swgirl23

Magfish, I am also facing the prospect of a long-distance relationship (although he's only in halifax, not to far), so I can empathize with you on that one. It does make sense that they take a more macro-level, politicized approach, and that's the kind of stuff I'm more interested in. Have you accepted your offer at St Thomas? Also, forbuss, interesting insights into other schools! Is Dal the only school you applied to ?

Magfish, I am also facing the prospect of a long-distance relationship (although he's only in halifax, not to far), so I can empathize with you on that one. It does make sense that they take a more macro-level, politicized approach, and that's the kind of stuff I'm more interested in. Have you accepted your offer at St Thomas? Also, forbuss, interesting insights into other schools! Is Dal the only school you applied to ?

Dal is the only school I have applied to, which I am regretting at this point. I have been moving around constantly since I was 18 and just wanted to come back to NS (where I am from) and live here for a little bit, give it a chance. I am still in contact with my prof from York however, I wish their program was in Halifax.

Are you in Halifax now? I am such a wreck waiting to hear about Dal. I'll be so heartbroken if I don't get in :(

• 2 weeks later...

I´m not in Halifax right now- I did my undergrad there.  I hope you get in!! Should be just two more weeks of waiting, more or less.  It´s strange that Dal makes their decisions so much later than everyone else.

I´m not in Halifax right now- I did my undergrad there.  I hope you get in!! Should be just two more weeks of waiting, more or less.  It´s strange that Dal makes their decisions so much later than everyone else.

Yeah I called to inquire about where they are at in their admissions (I have not inquired before now since applying) and I heard a very deep, dramatic breath followed by a robotic "You will receive a letter in mid-May"

Guess there not keen on letting people know haha. I understand though, a bunch of people are probably calling endlessly. I'm in Halifax so I should get my letter first, so I'll let you know!

Has anyone heard about Dal yet? I go into the building everyday just to feel the energy and send positive vibes.. I have not heard anything, but it should be any day now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know of an online bsw program? I already have a B.A. in sociology but am thinking about getting a bsw and then applying for advanced candidacy to msw programs. Are there any online 12 month bsw programs out there? I think that only 1 year of field placement is required right?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know of an online bsw program? I already have a B.A. in sociology but am thinking about getting a bsw and then applying for advanced candidacy to msw programs. Are there any online 12 month bsw programs out there? I think that only 1 year of field placement is required right?

Dal is the only program I know of that does distance. You still have to be in Halifax for 3 weeks I believe, though.

Hey everyone!

i recently got accepted into UofC BSW virtual learning (which is basically an online program).

I'm a bit older than most of you and have a lot of experience and a BA. however, i think im going to holdoff this year as i do not like a lot of the uofc's program and have started researching several other campuses.

can anyone tell me more about the oriliia lakehead campus and program? I really dont want a 2 year bsw program, thinking more of a year then go onto my msw in the following year. the st. thomas program sounds good too from what i read. i thought it was 2 years though. what other options are there for around the 12month time frame?

and for the person who was asking about online bsw, UofC and UofVic both offer with the exception that there is required time spent on campus at the beginning of each year for 5 days.