To all the universities/programs I applied to, please let me know if I am accepted or not. The sooner the better!

Glad to know I'm not the only one.... worse, I felt like I was given a false hope. My POI informed me that my application has been recommended at once for admission. Sadly, he has been quiet ever since. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one.... worse, I felt like I was given a false hope. My POI informed me that my application has been recommended at once for admission. Sadly, he has been quiet ever since. 

I got the similar situation here. My POI did not reply me for two weeks since she told me I am in.  

Edited by Maple_ Macchiato

It has been a month since I was notified......I hope you don't have to wait as long as I do...

Did you contact the admission? I actually called the graduate office, they said they haven't received my results from the department. Then, I emailed the department assistant, hopefully I will know exactly whether I am admitted or not. Stay hopeful :)

I did that too, 12 days ago to be exact. Still nothing, so I'm just going to wait till April 1st to give them a call. 

I am waiting on my last hope, my top choice, Washington State U in Zoology. I emailed admissions 5 days ago and they said they are currently notifying applicants. How long does that take?! If I'm not in I want to start looking/applying for jobs for the fall. Argh.

same here. I still have not heard back from five schools I applied, so I emailed them on my status. Two even did not reply me back, and others told me that they would make decisions before April 15th.... 

I don't know how I can bear the remaining days till April 15th 

Do school ever just not reply?  I know the interviewed other people and since I didn't get an interview, I just figured I have been rejected, but other people have already received rejections.

I can understand they have a lot of candidates to sort through, but it really is quite rude to leave people hanging when they know for sure they can't accept them. I'm thinking of a program I applied to where after hearing nothing and finally asking for my admission status, they told me the program was at capacity and wouldn't be accepting any applications this year. That's fine....so why not tell me when I applied instead of two months later? :mellow:

Ugghh. It doesn't help that the most important people I know have already been accepted and are happily planning their lives.  I can see it in their eyes, hear it in their voices everytime they launch into one of their hopeful musings on what kind of apartments they've found, what their profs will be like, what jobs they will get when they are finished, what kind of people they will meet.....

And then they suddenly stop, look at me and say "oh........*BIG AWKWARD PAUSE*...... sorry, I know it must be hard for you."
Current status:  I am living on a waitlist.  My life is a waitlist.  On hold, paused,parked in the reception area, where I have to keep myself busy, possibly for another couple of weeks, most likely for another year (or more).  Eventually I will feel like one of those ghosts in the waiting area in Beetlejuice, trapped in a Neitherworld where I will lose track of time and space.  I will know exactly how many squares the tile floor has, and every detail of each painting and by the time I finally get out, I hope the world hasn't moved on without me!

Edited by floatingmolecule

I hear you Floatingmolecule! that is exactly what I have been saying to family/friends throughout this entire application process more like ordeal. Life is on pause! and I can't imagine and I hope none us go through having it on pause just to get rejected and start all over again. But till then living on distractions, venting on this site and living on my mail app is the survival mode.

Tomorrow is March 31st, fingers crossed that I will receive the official decision. I find that the longer that I wait, the more that I want to let go of everything. I start to doubt myself why I am so obsessed with checking emails. What is the whole point of all these anxieties, fears and nightmares? I don't think we are defined by whether we can receive an offer or not. Yeah... it's a cliche: when one door closed, another door will open. Nonetheless, it maybe true. Let's give ourself a break to enjoy the life and to love the ones around us. The decision will come eventually, why don't we just relax and wait for it?

Edited by Maple_ Macchiato

I hear you Floatingmolecule! that is exactly what I have been saying to family/friends throughout this entire application process more like ordeal. Life is on pause! and I can't imagine and I hope none us go through having it on pause just to get rejected and start all over again. But till then living on distractions, venting on this site and living on my mail app is the survival mode.

I know, right? The worst part is, I have a window and I can see that the world outside isn't waiting for me while I am paused. I find myself struggling with feelings of abandonment when I hear how everyone else is moving on.  They are all transitioning to a new life phase and I am just watching from this window.  I try to act like I don't care (and come here to vent instead), try to show happiness for everyone, but inside, I feel so bad.

It might not define who I am, but getting an offer will certainly define my professional life.  Without one, I am half way to the finish line and regardless of how much faith I might have in my own abilities, potential employers, the outside world, won't hire me on good faith.  They want that degree.  They want proof.

At the moment, I am a semi-scientist.  I am one of those countless cell cultures I put away in the freezer all the time, hoping that maybe someone will take ME (not my neighbor!) out, and let me grow.

Edited by floatingmolecule

Down to 1, expecting news before the end of this week, each day is a struggle to stay focused. It is my top choice, exactly what I want to do and focus on in a great city location. All I dream about! 

In addition I don't know how many more times I can answer the question you hear anything yet . . . .

People don't even ask me that question anymore.  That and "so, what are your plans for the fall after you graduate?".  Most people try to avoid the topic and I do my best to change the subject as well; once in a while someone starts talking about grad school, but they stop pretty quickly when they realize who they're talking to.  I used to get asked a lot, back in the day when all applications were still open for speculation , but after no offer turned up, it quickly became a taboo topic.  Some people actually think I was rejected everywhere and don't even know that I still have one school left to go.

I hope your last school accepts you.  Keeping my fingers crossed. For all of us.

Agreed, already having a career job now, people don't get it at all any of it, apps, waiting, how challenging it is.

I do my best to stay positive I do believe our attitude and energy that we send into the world returns to us, best summed up in the quote below:

“Once you’ve lived a little you will find that whatever you send out into the world comes back to you in one way or another. It may be today, tomorrow, or years from now, but it happens; usually when you least expect it, usually in a form that’s pretty different from the original. Those coincidental moments that change your life seem random at the time but I don’t think they are. At least that’s how it’s worked out in my life. And I know I’m not the only one.” 
― Slash,

Thoughts with all of us as we near the end of this stage

Agreed!  I am trying to help a friend of mine who wants to start the application process and am going to channel some positive energy into giving her the best advice that I can.  Sure, I am not a glowing example of success, but I can tell her what to avoid, for sure!

Good luck!