People have been hearing from these schools for months...

Hey guys!

There are two schools that I've applied to that I still haven't heard from, but people have been hearing from them for months already (specifically Old Dominion University and University of Virginia) and I know the applications go in "waves/tiers", but I'm starting to get a little concerned. Two of my other schools were nice enough to let us know that their decisions would be sent later rather than sooner so I'm a little less concerned about them, but even after calling UVA weeks ago I still haven't heard anything, and April 15th is approaching quickly. (If we're being real here - don't sugarcoat this...) does this mean that I'm getting rejected from the schools and they just haven't notified me yet? I know some schools (so kindly) leave many of their rejections until the end, and I'm starting to get annoyed, concerned, and every other emotion under the sun. 

I also know they both received my application in the end of November through e-mails/the portal, so that isn't the problem. :P

Thanks in advance! :)

I know nothing about those programs, but I would recommend calling the program director. I hadn't heard anything from one of my schools, so I called the director. She didn't answer. Left a message. She called me back that evening. She was really concerned I hadn't received a letter yet, and she told me I had been accepted, and she also told me some valuable information regarding funding. I still haven't received my letter (IDK what is going on) but I'm really glad I called. Most program directors are super helpful!

Edited by upandup

I know nothing about those programs, but I would recommend calling the program director. I hadn't heard anything from one of my schools, so I called the director. She didn't answer. Left a message. She called me back that evening. She was really concerned I hadn't received a letter yet, and she told me I had been accepted, and she also told me some valuable information regarding funding. I still haven't received my letter (IDK what is going on) but I'm really glad I called. Most program directors are super helpful!

That's great news and great advice, thank you! So glad to hear you were accepted :)