DoE CSGF 2014-2015

Argon

I figured I'd start an official thread (I don't think there already is one). Hopefully we hear back soon. I called the Krell Institute today to inquire about when we'd hear back, and the person on the line said "to make a long story short, we don't know." I didn't delve into more details, but he didn't make it sound like we'd hear back very soon. 

Thanks for the info. It worries me greatly to hear this, though. Two years ago the funding was drastically cut, and ~8 fellowships were awarded, rather than the usual 20 or so. I really hope that doesn't happen again.

I hope that's not the case as well. The application went live late because they were waiting on results from the federal budget, but hopefully that went alright. Still, maybe I'll call again in a day or two to ask for more details. I regret not asking for more info when I originally called. Guess we'll wait and see.

Being the paranoid person that I am, I decided to email them. I received the following (more reassuring) response:

"We plan to notify applicants within the next week or two- so early April and definitely before the April 15th university deadline."

April Fools

I hate you.  :angry:

I can't wait to hear about this. I am already unhappy about missing NSF and NDSEG, I just want to get it out of the way so I can go into full ice cream consolation mode.

Edited by timshea

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but as far as timing goes: we were notified of our awards on April 2 last year and this year got confirmation of our renewal only yesterday April 1. (Conjecture, proof left to the motivated reader) I suspect they're working through the awards from the existing fellows and the new fellow notifications shouldn't be that far away.

Nope, nothing yet. I'm certainly getting anxious about it. As far as fellowships go, I can't think of one that was a better fit for me in terms of what they're looking for, but it's super competitive and who knows what's going to happen due to funding. Just have to keep waiting I suppose...

Well, i just tried to log into the application (all my information/essay/etc were still accessible this afternoon). Now my profile is 100% gone. Don't know what to make of that : )

They told me when I asked at the end of March "early April and definitely before April 15th." If anyone wants to contact them for an update, go for it. They're very nice and responsive. I already bugged them twice though, so I'm holding back...

I think that'd be the case if anybody had heard back, but I don't think they have released results (good or bad) to anybody based on this forum as well as the results page.

I just called Lindsey, who was extremely polite. She told me she was planning to send out all notifications on Friday.

If the activity on this board (in the CSGF threads for this year and earlier) is representative, there may have been a smaller applicant pool this year than in years past. Not that the odds are still particularly good...