DoE CSGF 2014-2015

Argon

Well, if we assume that we will hear back today and that the reporting will be handled by the offices in Iowa, it is possible that they will announce results at between 3-5 CDT (4-6 EDT, 2-4 PDT) seeing it is past noon (CDT). Just picking popular times, ie after lunch or end of business day.

But maybe I am overthinking this and should get back to research.

Edited by CEMnerd

One thing I am unclear on is whether they have a fixed number of fellowships they plan to give out (and thus will wait until offers are accepted to send out rejection emails), or if they will send a fixed number of offers regardless of acceptance.

In the past they sent out rejection emails to most applicants first, then made offers to the winners, and then, after all awarded fellowships were accepted, they sent out the final round of rejections (3-4 weeks later) with a cryptic email along the lines of "you passed the final round of selection but just didn't win". Sounds like they reject and offer awards, except for a few candidates who are put on a waitlist.

I am and every email gives me a small shock. And the worse part is, I should be more relaxed since I won NDSEG, but this fellowship is better and greatly aligns to my field and the direction that the program I am in is moving towards.

I just checked the results page. There seems to be a few days delay between the mass rejection emails and the acceptance phone calls. It's possible even nobody was accepted today. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Just got my official waitlist notification. I was also told I was designated as a DOE CSGF Honorable Mention recipient in my letter, and that I should list it on my resume/CV.

Apparently there were only 7 awards made this year.

Whoa. Only 7? Wow. I got it this year, but I thought there would be more than 7. Is this info available somewhere? Did anyone else who is following this thread win? I hope so. To all those who got an honorable mention, congrats. And to all, I hope you are able to find/secured other funding for this year and receive more next year!

Edited by CEMnerd