Mannheim CDSB Ph.D. in Operations Management - Fall 2015 intake results

Masdeu

Hi friends,

When can we expect the results of the CDSB Ph.D. programs to be announced? I had been checking several websites - it appears the postgraduate program in Operations Management is a new one, being split from the previously-offered Operations and Information Systems. Also, has anyone got admitted in the first round? Please comment, thanks.

Edited by Masdeu

• 1 month later...

Haven't, until now. Someone commented on the results section that results will be announced by the end of this month. Which specialization did you apply for?

I've applied for taxation... I guess we are only discussing in the results section. Now the update is that the results wud b out in June. Did u inquire at the CDSB office?

Hi Angelika, sorry for the late response; was busy with some other applications. I will mail the office shortly. Just read all the posts on the 'search results' section. A probable reason for the delay is both the Taxation and OM programs being new ones. So it might be taking some time to get everything in order. I've noticed that the ones who have posted their results until now (both accepts and rejects) all applied for existing programs. Please don't assume you'll be rejected. Only because of this delay... no way.

Hmmm possibly...let's see...I've heard two different replies...one person said result will cm out in may end and one said mid July...ne let's see...if u get any update please let me know...to whom do u normally contact?

Mid-July? I don't think it'll be that late. Yes, definitely, I'll inform you if I get to hear from the admissions office. I generally contact Marion Lehnert.

Sorry...typing mistake...I meant to say mid June...I have contacted Kristein normally....do let me know if u get any update..is taxation PhD started this year? I didn't knew that.

Yes, until last year it was offered jointly with Accounting. From this year Accounting and Taxation has been split up. Same for Operations Management and Information Systems as well. Did you apply in the first round? I did right on the final deadline :P

Yes I did in the early round too but didn't get selected. I sent an email to Marion too. Now let's see what reply do I get. Go u have research exp? I have no research exp and background nor I've given GRE...so extremely low chances of getting selected.

That's great, so you already have a good option in hand. I don't have research experience, but do have some related professional experience. And I took the GMAT. I've applied for the integrated Ph.D. program in Management of Goethe Frankfurt and will apply for the M.Sc. Management programs of OVGU Magdeburg and Goethe. As I've done my bachelors in engineering, options for graduate studies in management are very limited for me.

From which university have you got the offer? Daily life would be much easier in an English-speaking country like the U.S. Will Mannheim still be your first preference? But here it's a Ph.D. program, so that's an advantage. By the way, do you speak German?

Hmm that's true...but US is partially funded so that matters and its PHD here so it quite different..so Mannheim wud b a preference..I didn't get any reply FRM Marion even..

I guess they are flooded with emails. But admission results are emailed even on weekends, so we can expect a mail anytime. I will email the office early next week. In the meantime will have to write another SOP.

Same here :-( Tell me something, in your email did you only ask about the probable date of declaration of result, or about your application status as well?

I did ask abt my application status..she TLD that the results are not out...and CDSB wud declare it later.. Kristen told may end and one taxation assistant told mid June..

May end is gone so I guess mid June WD b the correct result date..did u email them? I called them once. Did u call them?

Mid-June should be the limit because classes will begin from September and those who'll be selected will have to complete a lot of visa application-related formalities. I haven't called the office but definitely will mail. Hadn't been home yesterday. Will have to submit all remaining applications within this week, am stressed like hell :(

Oh, much relieved now. Some friends said the approval process after the interview might take around 21 days. The earlier, the better. And from this year English proficiency test is mandatory for visa application. Will have to take TOEFL as well.

I didn't get u....did u give the interview? That person posted on gradcafe that he got offer the next day after attending the interview..I have nt given TOEFL yet