It's April 15 - Any other wait listed students stalking their email?

I've been accepted to my 4th choice school, but I've been waitlisted at my 2nd choice school. Today is the deadline for accepted students to accept their spots. Realistically, I know waitlisted students probably won't hear anything until at least tomorrow, but I can't stop checking my email. Any one else??

Oh no, whirlp! I can't imagine what you must be going through. Thankfully I have been accepted at one school...but you are counting on wait lists to be able to go to grad school at all this year. Good luck to you!!!

Yeah this is pretty much torture, especially because someone on the results page was already accepted off of the waitlist to one of my schools earlier today. I just want to know what I'm doing with my life for the upcoming year...

Edited by cosmicmorgan

I have been waitlisted too and every time I see an email come through on my phone my heart drops when it isn't from the school. I know that it may be a day or two until the next round of admissions go out but I am also going crazy.

I wish you all the best of luck!!!

Redlands, Mercy, Armstrong, UPENN.

Gosh can they just call me today?

That's how I feel too! I'm waiting on Mercy too, hopefully they start to pull from the waitlist as the offers are declined rather than waiting until after the 28th, which is the date those who were accepted need to let them know by. Best of luck to you!!

That's how I feel too! I'm waiting on Mercy too, hopefully they start to pull from the waitlist as the offers are declined rather than waiting until after the 28th, which is the date those who were accepted need to let them know by. Best of luck to you!!

Yeah I am really banking on a call this week or next. :] Have you been accepted elsewhere?

Are any of you waitlisted folks applying for Graduate assistantships now or waiting. Worry that if I wait, spots will be filled.

Loyola and UW-Whitewater mentioned that we could apply for GAs before admission, so I did. I didn't for my other two schools though. Now that you've mentioned it I'll definitely look into it. Can't hurt, right?

Edited by cosmicmorgan

Yeah I am really banking on a call this week or next. :] Have you been accepted elsewhere?

Nope--just wait lists, but I'm trying to stay positive about it. I still haven't heard back at all from two schools, but at this point in the game I'm not holding out too much hope for them. I just want to know already! How about you? Hopefully this all works out for us, and I'm so thankful for this forum for a sense of community and for the assurance that I'm not the only one going absolutely out of my mind! Lol

Nope--just wait lists, but I'm trying to stay positive about it. I still haven't heard back at all from two schools, but at this point in the game I'm not holding out too much hope for them. I just want to know already! How about you? Hopefully this all works out for us, and I'm so thankful for this forum for a sense of community and for the assurance that I'm not the only one going absolutely out of my mind! Lol

Nope. Just waitlists for me too. I'm not losing hope yet. I'm hoping it does work out. Gosh one of my schools said I could be on the waitlist until Summer. Which seems outrageous since I will be moving from CA to the east coast no matter what 

I was accepted to 2 of my waitlisted schools in the past 2 days!! Still in shock!

Was Redlands one of them? I'm desperately trying to figure out if they have even started to contact people on their wait list.

Was Redlands one of them? I'm desperately trying to figure out if they have even started to contact people on their wait list.

No! Although I'm also waitlisted there haha.

I am obsessing over my e-mail!! I'm waitlisted at 3 schools with no acceptances yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to stay positive (trying is the key word). Good luck to all of you!

Kayyyyy_ and mlc1011, where are you waitlisted?

I am waitlisted at Idaho State. My first choice too. I knew the other schools were kind of a gamble. I am trying to remain hopeful!