It's April 15 - Any other wait listed students stalking their email?

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congrats!!!

Was just accepted off the waitlist at the University of Northern Iowa!  Was seriously not expecting this.  I kind of gave up a long time ago since I was rejected at most schools and waitlisted at two. Very excited!

Thank you so very much! Much like Madgab, I am in shock and was not expecting this at all! Here is hoping more good news to you guys! This is my 2nd year applying. I was waitlisted my 1st first and spent a year working in the field and doing some self betterment. It was totally worth not getting in last year. I know that that is hard to believe right now, but please know whatever happens life is going to turn out just perfectly. <3 Good Luck friends!

Congrats to all those who have been heard the good news so far!

I still haven't heard from the school I was waitlisted at and feeling like the likelihood I will be accepted decreases each day. I guess I just figure that they already know how many slots they have left since the 15th and I would assume they already had the hierarchy of their waitlist figured out, so now I am wondering when they start sending out rejections off the waitlist.

I would normally be tempted to contact the school (USC-on campus) to inquire about whether they've already notified everyone they've decided to accept or not, but the letter they sent ot in March seemed to discourage this. The last thing I want to do is wait around all weekend for a rejection letter. I've been accepted to a great school that I will also be happy attending and either way I'd like to move on from this eternal limbo-land and start the fun of planning for the move!

Ugh!

I agree, I would rather just be rejected off of a waitlist than to be left in limbo. I can only assume none of us have heard either way because those who have already been offered a spot from off the waitlist have a few days to make a final decision. I've had a few professors tell me most schools notify waitlisted people within a week. I just want to get this over with; I would be so much more productive without stalking my email!

The earliest waitlisted acceptance I've seen on the admission results page, from the past 3 years, for Loyola is May 6th :/ Hoping they are a bit faster this year.

Edited by clmogel

Does anyone know how long Worcester State's wait list is? They said we would find out no later than May 11th but I am hoping I find out much earlier. I HATE WAITING! Congrats to everyone who has heard good news!!! 

I'm right there with your girls. One of the schools im WAITLISTED at says I could find out as last as the end of May. Really? What's the hold up??

I totally get your frustration b/c I know how much it sucks to wait around, but keep in mind most schools lag with accepting people off of the waitlist b/c they're waiting to see how many people turn down their acceptances. They can't give away slots until slots open up. Keep your head up an good luck to all of you on waitlists!! :-)

Congratulations @madgab14 & @madison.!!!!!

Thank you so very much! Much like Madgab, I am in shock and was not expecting this at all! Here is hoping more good news to you guys! This is my 2nd year applying. I was waitlisted my 1st first and spent a year working in the field and doing some self betterment. It was totally worth not getting in last year. I know that that is hard to believe right now, but please know whatever happens life is going to turn out just perfectly. <3 Good Luck friends!

Thank you @cosmicmorgan! My situation is very similar to yours @Madison. I applied back in 2013 and got waitlisted at 1 school.  I actually was accepted off the waitlist, but due to financial reasons, I wasn't able to attend.  I decided to just focus on myself and so I've been working a full-time job in a medical-ish field and retook the GRE - even though I didn't focus on getting experience specifically related to SLP during my time off, I feel more prepared to enter graduate school and am more confident that I will do well. It feels good to finally have some direction in my life, I feel like I've been living in limbo for awhile.  Congrats to everyone else and for those still waiting, there's still time - don't give up!

How's everyone doing? Heard anything?

I got an email from Loyola yesterday saying they sent out the first small group of waitlist acceptances (which I am not a part of), and they'll make a second group after May 4 if necessary  <_<. Nothing from any of my other schools though.

I got an email from Loyola yesterday saying they sent out the first small group of waitlist acceptances (which I am not a part of), and they'll make a second group after May 4 if necessary  <_<. Nothing from any of my other schools though.

Still waiting to hear from the two waitlists I have left.. Getting so anxious. I looked at the results search page at when people heard off the waitlists from my schools last year, and it seems like if they're following past precedent, I should hear sometime this week. We shall see though.

Still waiting to hear from the two waitlists I have left.. Getting so anxious. I looked at the results search page at when people heard off the waitlists from my schools last year, and it seems like if they're following past precedent, I should hear sometime this week. We shall see though.

Yeah, I think that's the only reason I'm not freaking out. Most of my schools last year also didn't notify until this week or next. If anything at least this whole process and all its waiting has made me a bit more patient!

Yeah, I think that's the only reason I'm not freaking out. Most of my schools last year also didn't notify until this week or next. If anything at least this whole process and all its waiting has made me a bit more patient!

Yeah I'm trying not to freak out, but its just getting so late in the semester. Like I already accepted by admission to another school because I had to respond by a certain deadline. Buuuuut honestly, if I get into either of my waitlists, I'm probably going to withdraw my acceptance and go to one of those. The later it gets in the semester, the worse I'm gonna feel about doing that though lol

I feel your pain. I wasn't apart of this group either. I hate that they are giving them two weeks to decide, in the meantime they are re-reviewing applications. Meanwhile, graduate assistantship positions are filling up. I need an assistantship in order to afford this school...my chances are getting slimmer by the minute. Seems like other colleges are quicker about their waitlist.

I feel your pain. I wasn't apart of this group either. I hate that they are giving them two weeks to decide, in the meantime they are re-reviewing applications. Meanwhile, graduate assistantship positions are filling up. I need an assistantship in order to afford this school...my chances are getting slimmer by the minute. Seems like other colleges are quicker about their waitlist.

I agree, two weeks seems excessive. I feel like most other schools have only given their waitlisters a few days to decide. Do you have other waitlists besides Loyola, clmogel?

I agree, two weeks seems excessive. I feel like most other schools have only given their waitlisters a few days to decide. Do you have other waitlists besides Loyola, clmogel?

Unforunately, I do not. I didn't realize how competitive these programs were. I think the reason there are so many 2nd year applicants is because of the competiveness and the fact that most schools are not upfront about their GPA and GRE score cutoffs, because they would like to review 300 or more applications? lol. I don't know. Also, because of this it is difficult for students to decide what programs are the best fit for their application profile. So a lot of students are aimlesssly applying to just get in somewhere.

I am so thankful for this forum, because I have learned so much about this process and other less competitive schools that are more of a "good fit" for me considering my profile. In addition, I have learned it is so important to attend information sessions and get in contact with grad programs to ask them the current statistics of the previous entering class etc. Because ASHA ed find. stats are not current and the grad school programs websites are sometimes not updated. It is truly upsetting that we are not given up to date information to make one of the most important decisions of our lives.

Towson told everyone in the information session that they don't look at you if you have below a 3.5. But, they didn't mention that you MUST fall within the average or above average writing score :/. I found this out after being rejected. If I would have known, I would not have applied. Anyways, I hope you don't have to apply next year.

Best of luck to you @cosmicmorgan! I have a good feeling you will get in somewhere! :)

I'm going insane. I'm being so impatient with this process :((

I'm right there with you! In a weird way, all of you and this forum helps to give me some sanity because I know that I'm not alone in my craziness lol. Sending out good vibes for everyone still waiting to hear.

I just called Emerson and they said "there haven't been any updates yet". I mean, really? It's been a week. I'm pretty sure you know by now whether you'll be accepting people off the waitlist or not. Ugh.

Elisas390: Who are you waiting to hear from still? I totally agree you guys are definitely my sanity.

Mercy, Iona, NYMC, Hofstra. Driving myself crazy waiting!

Unforunately, I do not. I didn't realize how competitive these programs were. I think the reason there are so many 2nd year applicants is because of the competiveness and the fact that most schools are not upfront about their GPA and GRE score cutoffs, because they would like to review 300 or more applications? lol. I don't know. Also, because of this it is difficult for students to decide what programs are the best fit for their application profile. So a lot of students are aimlesssly applying to just get in somewhere.

I am so thankful for this forum, because I have learned so much about this process and other less competitive schools that are more of a "good fit" for me considering my profile. In addition, I have learned it is so important to attend information sessions and get in contact with grad programs to ask them the current statistics of the previous entering class etc. Because ASHA ed find. stats are not current and the grad school programs websites are sometimes not updated. It is truly upsetting that we are not given up to date information to make one of the most important decisions of our lives.

Towson told everyone in the information session that they don't look at you if you have below a 3.5. But, they didn't mention that you MUST fall within the average or above average writing score :/. I found this out after being rejected. If I would have known, I would not have applied. Anyways, I hope you don't have to apply next year.

Best of luck to you @cosmicmorgan! I have a good feeling you will get in somewhere! :)

I agree, if I had researched more/found this forum earlier I probably would have changed half the schools I applied to. I'm also annoyed with Towson; they keep sending me invites to graduate open houses despite rejecting me! I hope you get some good news from Loyola, & thanks for the support! 

I agree, if I had researched more/found this forum earlier I probably would have changed half the schools I applied to. I'm also annoyed with Towson; they keep sending me invites to graduate open houses despite rejecting me! I hope you get some good news from Loyola, & thanks for the support! 

HAHA, I keep getting those Towson e-mails too! Haha, I don't want to see any of your other programs, lol. Let me know if you hear from anyone! I honestly don't understand why you were waitlisted. You're scores and GPA are good!

HAHA, I keep getting those Towson e-mails too! Haha, I don't want to see any of your other programs, lol. Let me know if you hear from anyone! I honestly don't understand why you were waitlisted. You're scores and GPA are good!

Unfortunately I had some bad grades and a break from school due to some pretty turbulent personal times, and it's a shame that my overall GPA doesn't truly reflect who I am as a student. My SOP definitely covered this, but its sucks that a lot of this just comes down to a numbers game!

AHHH 4 schools waitlisted. I can't believe how you must feel. Hoping for some good news headed your way!

Thank you! As awful as it is, I'm just thankful I still have a chance, albeit small. I can't imagine how I'd feel with rejections across the board.