U of I's LEEP program application GRE question

cmariec

Hi all-

I'm planning to apply to U of I's LEEP program coming up soon, and I have a question about the GRE.  U of I technically doesn't require it unless your GPA is below 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last two years of undergraduate coursework.

My overall GPA is pretty awful, I think it'll end up being just under a 3.0 by the end of everything.  That being said, my GPA for the last two years of coursework will definitely be over a 3.0 and likely be closer to a 3.5.  I'm wondering if I should just take the GRE anyway to strengthen my application.  I obviously want to do everything I can to get in, but if its not necessary or silly to do it, I'd rather not stress myself out!

Thanks,

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy,

You ask a good question. My advice is to contact the Admission's Department for the program that you're interested in and ask your questions directly. They'll likely tell you exactly what you need to know and might even offer some suggestions about the overall application process.

GRE masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich