Decisions!! BC or NYU for psychology?

jiaxu

Hello~everyone, I need some help here. I was both admitted in MA mental health counseling program at BC and MA general psychology program at NYU. I majored in math during undergraduate, and I plan to apply for clinical/counseling psychology after getting a master degree. Both programs provide research opportunities, BC is more inclined to social sciences while NYU is more inclined to neuroscience. I think that many courses in NYU is great, but the program has too many people. Meanwhile i am still not sure if i really want to learn counseling psychology. Any advice? Thank you!

Hi there- I don't know how useful my advice would be since I don't plan on getting a degree in counseling psychology ...but....

I did browse a little bit through both websites, and yeah... BC is very social heavy. That is great for those interested in community psych or policy or things like that. 

NYU's MA program is there for more a sample Master's degree (according to their PDF). That is great to start off your journey since you're not sure of what you'd like at the moment.

I understand your frustrations about NYU having too many people, but at the same time, if you're in a program that doesn't match your interests (no matter how many people are there) you might be forced into a direction that is not what you really want. And that can be worse at a smaller school (not all the time, though ...but it can be).