PostBac Acceptances

I've read about every thread for acceptance into the Master's Program (and congrats to you all!), but I'm sitting on pins and needles here wondering if I'm ever going to hear back from any of the schools I applied to for my post bacc.

I applied to CSUF, CSULA and Loma Linda.
I'm thinking if I don't hear anything by mid May that I will apply to USU if I'm not too late. But I truly prefer a classroom setting because I just learn better this way.

Has anyone received acceptances? Rejections? Anything from schools you've applied to? I would love to hear from you! 

USU online has a June 1st deadline for the fall but if you miss that, you can take your 1st semester as a non-degree student while waiting for your acceptance. I'm taking a couple courses this summer (starts May 11th) as a non-degree student and have an application pending for the fall.

I applied to USU but haven't gotten a single email. They didn't even ask for my application payment. I went on their site and it says the app was submitted. I'm not sure if I screwed that up or what.

Wait I thought you had to apply as a non-degree seeking student for the post-bacc?

Edited by SLPsara

USU online has a June 1st deadline for the fall but if you miss that, you can take your 1st semester as a non-degree student while waiting for your acceptance. I'm taking a couple courses this summer (starts May 11th) as a non-degree student and have an application pending for the fall.

Thanks! That's great to know that I still have a solid back up in case I'm not getting accepted anywhere else. I've heard the USU program is great, I'm just nervous about taking online classes. Let me know how you like it once you start, I'm really interested to hear more about it!

I'm not a huge fan of online courses, but USU has a strong program in my area of interest (listening and spoken language for the deaf) and when I started reading through the profiles of the current grad students, every single one of them had a 1st or 2nd degree from USU. So I figured that if I wanted to have a shot at it, I should take the upper level pre-reqs through USU rather than Sacramento State or CSUN online.

I'm probably the odd Californian out in that I'm NOT targeting the CSU's. My possible target schools list would probably look pretty strange to someone who didn't know anything about auditory-verbal therapy. It's a specialized field and most SLP programs don't offer it (even at universities that also have hospitals doing cochlear implants and audiology schools).

I've been accepted to the post-bacc program at Pitt and I'm planning on attending! I'm excited :)

Congratulations!

I'm curious what made you decide to not attend the schools you were accepted to?

I applied to USU but haven't gotten a single email. They didn't even ask for my application payment. I went on their site and it says the app was submitted. I'm not sure if I screwed that up or what.

Wait I thought you had to apply as a non-degree seeking student for the post-bacc?

From my understanding you can apply as a non-degree seeking student or go for your second bachelor's with USU. If I'm not mistaken, you can get financial aid only if you're applying for your second degree

I received my acceptance for the post bacc at CSUF on April 24th. Also waiting on CSULA which is my first choice. 

Also applied to USU but completely irrelevant now that I have an in classroom program acceptance.

I received my acceptance for the post bacc at CSUF on April 24th. Also waiting on CSULA which is my first choice.

Also applied to USU but completely irrelevant now that I have an in classroom program acceptance.

I applied to CSULA also and am waiting to hear back. I know it's not usually until end of may/ beginning of June

I got my USU 2nd bachelor's acceptance today. Brynne Davies told me the other day that she had a stack of them on her desk to process so congrats to everyone else who got accepted!

Congrats! So are you going to pursue the second bachelor's exclusively or are you still planning to complete the SLPA program also? At any rate, best of luck to you - keep us posted! :)

From my understanding you can apply as a non-degree seeking student or go for your second bachelor's with USU. If I'm not mistaken, you can get financial aid only if you're applying for your second degree

You can get financial aid for a second bachelors? I thought you couldn't??

Congrats! So are you going to pursue the second bachelor's exclusively or are you still planning to complete the SLPA program also? At any rate, best of luck to you - keep us posted! :)

I want to get the SLPA license so that I have more options. I haven't yet decided whether I will do the full 2nd bachelor's plus just the 4 SLPA courses or the full SLPA program plus the upper-level grad school pre-reqs not offered by the community college at USU. I don't have to make a choice right away so I'm going to see how summer and fall terms go.

Congratulations!

I'm curious what made you decide to not attend the schools you were accepted to?

It was mostly the financial strain. To break it down: Edinboro was a no simply because of the location. It's in the complete middle of nowhere and I was not willing to spend 3 years there. NAU is a good program, but as an out of state program the cost was too much when considering the overall quality of the program. And Syracuse I really did like, but after receiving absolutely no financial aid from them (besides federal loans) it became clear that that was not an option either. Therefore, I've decided to complete the post-bacc program at Pitt and try my applications again.

Congrats on being accepted! If you don't mind me asking: did you get a letter in the mail, an email, etc?

I applied and never received anything so I assumed I wasn't accepted. But this morning I received an email for a mandatory meeting for newly accepted students. I'm so confused if I'm accepted or not!

Congrats on being accepted! If you don't mind me asking: did you get a letter in the mail, an email, etc?

I applied and never received anything so I assumed I wasn't accepted. But this morning I received an email for a mandatory meeting for newly accepted students. I'm so confused if I'm accepted or not!

Not sure if this is still relevant anymore since you seem to know that you've been accepted in the other thread! I got an email April 24th. I think you and I are still waiting on CSULA? Will you be paying the $250 deposit before knowing the results of CSULA?

Edited by imunster

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when CSULA will get back to us for post bacc? It's taking so long and I need to make a decision about my other post bacc acceptance NOW

Does anyone know when CSULA will get back to us for post bacc? It's taking so long and I need to make a decision about my other post bacc acceptance NOW

I think they emailed acceptances the beginning of June last year  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you accept to Fullerton or are you still waiting?

I haven't accepted yet.. I've decided to wait on CSULA so I missed CSUF's summer session deadline. Everything is riding on this! If I don't get in I'd have to do the 3 semesters at Fullerton and delay getting my masters by a full year... What's your decision?

I applied to the CSULA post-bacc program several years ago and NEVER heard back.  I think they get a ton of applications and are overwhelmed.

Are you freaking serious.....