Last Call!! UMASS or SUNY Buffalo for Biostatistics Master

UMass is pretty small.  At UMass the biostats department is in the School of Public Health. It is not funded all that well, but it's not a horrible program (there are ways to make things work for you). You probably know more than me about SUNY Buffalo, I can't speak for it, but I'd probably go to SUNY even if I wanted to find a job in MA-NJ.

Of course, I am assuming you mean UMass Amherst.

Have you visited UMass?

Oh and I saw your other posts about UMass. I wouldn't go to UMass on the basis of it being ranked higher overall. From my experience applying to graduate school, it doesn't matter about the school's reputation itself but the program that you'll be attending. You need to think about your programs funding because that varies from program to program. Sure you'll be doing a master's which you might have to pay for either way, but ...still, go to a school where money/resources are high and varied.

but just my two cents. I only know because I almost applied for a degree in the public health field. I looked into biostats a little. You might have made a decision anyway already.

Those are both mid to low tier schools in the public health world, but solid universities overall.

If you're planning to go into industry, pick the one that will cost the least and have the best connections to employers. You may have to do some digging - ask their career services office, search Linkedin, ask current students, etc.