CUNY Science Fellowship from the Graduate Center

ravyn

Hi all, 

I want to know if anyone else got this fellowship package... I want to hear other students input and not just what the school tells me. I know no one attending CUNY, so please help me out.

Thank you,

And I hope I don't get kicked out of this forum. I ask questions and none have responses. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi ravyn, welcome! There is no reason why you would get kicked out of this forum, but it seems that there aren't many people around who have received the exact same fellowship that you have. It might be more useful to ask whatever it is you want to know about if there is a chance that people from other universities might be able to help. If not, you might consider writing your department or whoever gave you this fellowship and asking to be put in touch with other current recipients. That might be easier than finding one on here.

Hey there, fuzzylogician!

I actually found the courage to call someone from financial aide and they couldn't do anything for me.

So, I resorted to an email to my program (I asked them if they could connect me with other people in the program somehow along with other financial questions).

Hopefully they get back to me before my brain convinces me that I am doing to be homeless during my graduate school experience xDDD

Well if you won a fellowship then it sounds like you're not doing too bad. People here might not know the specifics of this fellowship but if you go to the City Guide forum, there is a thread about NYC that will give you a lot of information about living in the city, and you could always ask there if a stipend of $X with Y conditions sounds doable. We might also be able to help if you have more general questions about being a graduate student or a research/teaching assistant or about CUNY. I'm sure there are other CUNY students out there (though they may not be reading this thread so if you have such general questions you might want to find a more appropriate forum to ask them in). I do think that asking to be put in touch with current students was a good idea; you could also just try and reach out to some of them yourself -- most programs list their students somewhere on their website. Students are usually very happy to help new incoming students, and they will probably have the most relevant experiences to share with you.