April 30 and offer from my dream institute

saheli

Guys,

I m going for PhD in Fall 2015. I had my fair share of admits and I had accepted the one that suited me. I was completely prepared for the university. But suddenly I got an opportunity from my dream institute with full funding. As it is April 15th passed, I am expectedly confused and worried about my next move. if I accept university B, then what should I inform University A? Will they accept my denial? Is there anyway they can actually stop me from a visa approval and getting into the other university?

Actually I want to be honest with them and inform them as early as possible. But I am sceptical. what if they inform the visa office and see to it that I m not issued a visa to any other university. I have also resigned from my office. So it is important that I go this time. But I really want to accept University B.

Please help.

Thanks

What you want is to rescind your acceptance of program A. It can be done politely and professionally, you don't have to go into much details(no need to tell them that B accepted you and you prefer them, for instance).

I don't understand, why would university A want to stop your visa process? I mean, if you rescind their offer, they won't issue the I-20 for you(University B would), but besides that, why would they do that? I assure you that university A has a waitlist, and as soon as you inform them, they will call someone from the waitlist to fill your place.

You need to let the University A know as soon as possible. Just say you rethink about it and you can't go due to the personal reasons. And you can also mention that there is no need to prepare I-20 to you. I am sure they will understand. There is no way University A will stop your own visa process.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use