VCU MSW Class of 2017

hla003

Hi! I am attending VCU's full-time 2 year MSW program in the Fall. Anyone else? I thought it would be nice to connect with other admitted/committed students!

Hey,

I might be going to vcu this coming fall. But I see you were also accepted to UT (so was I), what made you choose VCU over UT? Just curious I am having a really hard time making my decision ..

Hey,

I might be going to vcu this coming fall. But I see you were also accepted to UT (so was I), what made you choose VCU over UT? Just curious I am having a really hard time making my decision ..

Hi! It was very hard for me, too. I think if I could pick with no consideration of money, it would be Austin (I love that place!). But I realized that the cost being 11,000 more per year coupled with jobs after an MSW still not being very high paid, too much of a deterrent. Debt terrifies me! I also appreciate that its closer to my family who live in NC. I have talked to students from both schools and both seem really great for the Clinical route (I didn't ask about other concentrations, but I am sure they are all great, too). So I don't think you can go wrong! 

So I made the decision to go to VCU! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall!! Are you following the facebook page for prospects and new admits? 

https://www.facebook.com/VCUSchoolofSocialWorkMSWProspectivesandNewAdmits?pnref=lhc

Awesome! Yes, I am but just now noticing where students are posting things. May I ask when you graduated from college? I did in 2010 and I'm starting to feel like I'll be the oldest person there!