lets be honest...

Can I get into grad school with a 3.3? Any advice, and any schools you think are worth applying to? I am willing to move ANYWHERE! I plan to apply for this spring? HELP???

You can get into schools with a 3.3 overall, I did. You just have to research what schools you think would be a good fit for you. One's in the Midwest usually less competitive. Your letters of rec, personal statement, and GRE scores do play a big part and can help balance out a lower GPA.

I'm pretty sure the University of South Dakota does spring admissions but I could be wrong. They're tuition rate isn't that bad either for out of state.

I also got in with a 3.3 overall and 3.489 csd. I would build up your resume as much as possible, and retake your gre until you get a good score. I got into St. John's and I know they have spring admissions. Good luck!

I also got in with a 3.3 overall. My CSD gpa was 3.44 and my GRE scores weren't phenomenal, but were enough to make me competitive. I got into the University of Northern Iowa. They also have Spring admissions. I did a lot of research internships during my undergrad which I know helped me out a lot.

I also got in with a 3.3 overall and 3.489 csd. I would build up your resume as much as possible, and retake your gre until you get a good score. I got into St. John's and I know they have spring admissions. Good luck!

Hey SLP, would you mind sharing where you got in? :)

My overall was a 3.38, CSD 3.76my GREs were most definitely not the best, but I did a lot of volunteer work and shadowed an SLP in a hospital setting. I work in a group home for kids with autism now! I was accepted into University South Carolina's distance education program!

St. John's in queens!

Congratulations!! How were your GREs if you don't mind me asking? If I don't get off waitlists for the fall, I was thinking of applying to St. John's for spring! Thanks so much :)

Slp1993, so sorry I didn't realize in your original post that you had included where you got in! Forgive the brain fart, I was at work and must have skimmed too fast! :)

Slp1993, so sorry I didn't realize in your original post that you had included where you got in! Forgive the brain fart, I was at work and must have skimmed too fast! :)

haha that's fine! My gres were 157 for verbal 154 for math and 4 for writing. I'd definitely look into St. John's!! I know spring admissions are less competitive, and just a tip, when I went for an open house she stressed that they can tell who is actually really interested in their program and who is just applying to apply, so she said they really take it into account if you write in your personal statement why you are interested in them and if it is one of your top choices. so I would suggest making it very personal! I think that helped me for sure! I also didn't get in off any other wait lists and I applied to 8 schools. Good luck let me know if you have any other questions about the program!

haha that's fine! My gres were 157 for verbal 154 for math and 4 for writing. I'd definitely look into St. John's!! I know spring admissions are less competitive, and just a tip, when I went for an open house she stressed that they can tell who is actually really interested in their program and who is just applying to apply, so she said they really take it into account if you write in your personal statement why you are interested in them and if it is one of your top choices. so I would suggest making it very personal! I think that helped me for sure! I also didn't get in off any other wait lists and I applied to 8 schools. Good luck let me know if you have any other questions about the program!

Thanks SO much for the tips, I will absolutely keep those in mind when I'm applying! I'm still waiting on a few wait lists, but at this point I'm trying to be as realistic as possible and plan accordingly. Did you also apply to Mercy this round? I haven't heard anything from them as of now and was wondering if you had because I think I remember you from another thread.

Thank you for the replies, makes me a bit more confident about applying. I plan on retaking my GRE this summer and looking for some volunteering experience with

Yes that was me! I actually just emailed her this morning and she said all the seats have been filled for the fall class, but they're keeping the waitlist until the last day of classes in case someone withdraws. I was hoping to go to mercy since it's cheaper and closer to home but it seems as though I don't really have the option anymore. This process is not fun but don't worry you still have a chance! Who else are you waiting on now?

Bummer :( did she say the last day of classes as in May, or until the end of the summer before fall semester begins? I was hoping to go there as well since it's very close to home. I'm still waiting on Iona, NYMC, and Hofstra so I'm keeping a little bit of hope alive.

Bummer :( did she say the last day of classes as in May, or until the end of the summer before fall semester begins? I was hoping to go there as well since it's very close to home. I'm still waiting on Iona, NYMC, and Hofstra so I'm keeping a little bit of hope alive.

I'm sorry, I meant to say the first day not the last day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you there's definitely still a chance. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions if your still interested in St. John's next semester!

I'm sorry, I meant to say the first day not the last day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you there's definitely still a chance. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions if your still interested in St. John's next semester!

Ok, that makes me feel a little bit better. Still holding out hope! I will definitely be sure to ask any questions because I'm very interested in applying there for Spring. Thank you so much, and congratulations again!!

Ok, that makes me feel a little bit better. Still holding out hope! I will definitely be sure to ask any questions because I'm very interested in applying there for Spring. Thank you so much, and congratulations again!!

Thank you!!

I disagree with the statement that Midwest schools are easier to get into. The midwest is the birthplace of SLP, you will find it much more competitive than a lot of southern schools. This is not meant to say that there is anything better/worse about the midwest or the south but I wanted you you to be informed that it is not less competitive in the midwest.

I would apply as broadly as possible and be willing to relocate. With good letters of recombination and a solid letter of intent you can get in somewhere. 

I disagree with the statement that Midwest schools are easier to get into. The midwest is the birthplace of SLP, you will find it much more competitive than a lot of southern schools. This is not meant to say that there is anything better/worse about the midwest or the south but I wanted you you to be informed that it is not less competitive in the midwest.

I think schools in the south would generally be the least competitive, but after that there are some programs in the midwest that are less competitive than the northeast or west coast...

I was referring to compared to east and west coast schools. I have no idea  how schools in the south are but from what I've seen on here, the coastal schools get many more applications. Some of the schools I applied to around here only got around 200 applications versus 700 that I've seen at schools in California. Statistically speaking a 1 in 200 chance is better than 1 in 700.

2.77 Undergrad GPA, 3.4CSD GPA.  GRE's about average.  

I would recommend looking for programs that are brand new also.  People tend to be scared to apply to or go to schools in their first years of accreditation.