EPA STAR 2015

kbolya1

I read this on the fellowship page:

"Due to the volume of applications received, the emailed acknowledgement from receipt.application@epa.gov may take several weeks. Thus, our staff will not respond to queries regarding applications received before June 25, 2015. Please make a notation on your calendar to contact the program at 2015FellowshipsRFA@epa.gov from June 25, 2015, to no later than 5:00 PM ET July 9, 2015, for information if you have not received the notification from receipt.application@epa.gov by that time. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your application not being accepted for review. See "Submission Instructions and Other Submission Requirements" for additional information regarding acknowledgment of receipt of submitted applications. Be sure to check your email spam folder and/or check your spam filter settings to ensure emails from EPA are delivered to your email inbox."

I read this on the fellowship page:

"Due to the volume of applications received, the emailed acknowledgement from receipt.application@epa.gov may take several weeks. Thus, our staff will not respond to queries regarding applications received before June 25, 2015. Please make a notation on your calendar to contact the program at 2015FellowshipsRFA@epa.gov from June 25, 2015, to no later than 5:00 PM ET July 9, 2015, for information if you have not received the notification from receipt.application@epa.gov by that time. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your application not being accepted for review. See "Submission Instructions and Other Submission Requirements" for additional information regarding acknowledgment of receipt of submitted applications. Be sure to check your email spam folder and/or check your spam filter settings to ensure emails from EPA are delivered to your email inbox."

Thats the one!

I sent one a minute ago since I haven't received the final NCER e-mail and it's June 25th... have not yet gotten the kickback e-mail but I just sent my e-mail.

FWIW... I did email the address provided and didn't get a kickback or email doesn't exist message, I also didn't get a "we received your correspondence email" which tends to be the norm for automated mass addresses like this. Was your guys error message just from mailer daemon or what?

Its not like some people got emails and others didn't. No one received anything from receipt.application address. This fellowship hasn't been offered for a year, and I think they are still trying to figure out the process going forward and what it will look like.

Yeah its annoying that they didn't send out the email from NCER and that email address provided doesn't exist, but what can you do? I'd just take a nice big breath and relax. Worrying isn't going to increase your chances. Its the summer time and presumably you all like camping, hiking, and the outdoors. Go for a hike, take a weekend camping trip and don't check your email for a few days. Everything is going to be alright. All the applications will be reviewed, and we will hear back eventually.

Beweaver you seem very informed and I appreciate your help. After putting way too much thought into nsfgrfp I've barely given this acknowledgement the past couple weeks... Just hope we at least find out before the fall semester, as was stated :)

Yeah we will see. I don't recall that statement about June 25th and the 2015FellowshipsRFA@epa.gov and emailing being up in the original announcement when I was working on this? Does anyone else recall that or was it added later?

I mean I would think the agency would be in a lot of trouble if they didn't review applications that they assigned tracking numbers when the issue is pretty obviously on their end. I guess if its any solace we can say that the work on our end is done and they are obviously are having a hellacious time coordinating this on their end. So some people at the EPA are  probably much more stressed out about this fellowship than we are at the moment.

Take it easy everyone.

Like I mentioned before, the instructions saying to contact the program between June 25 and July 9 are underneath the instructions for the alternate submission applications (non-grants.gov).

Did you not use grants.gov?

Are you going off of other directions to email them? It's possible I completely missed it.

You are right, I really thought that section pertained to all applicants. So I guess we are just playing the waiting game for news/notifications.