EPA STAR 2015

kbolya1

Someone in our lab received funding during the pervious funding cycle (where they were delayed a whole year in finding out due to sequester and lack of funding). It was a little different then, if you made it through external review they sent everyone an email saying so because of the situation being long and drawn out. 

I think that for this cycle the initial external review process is over and that internal review is ongoing. The internal review process is different than external, they work to cover a balance of funding topics, geographical locations, universities, etc when deciding who gets picked to be offered funding. Once you are picked, you have to give more information to this other EPA office who then officially offers you the fellowship.

It's pretty much one giant logistical administrative mess.

No word yet, but the anxiety is starting to build... yet again.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if GRO applicants have received final decisions? I figure if they weren't pushed back again (from "early November"), then maybe (JUST maybe) we'll actually find out this week.

Please, if anyone can correct/enlighten me... I am under the assumption (based on my own paranoia/anxieties) that they have probably notified those applicants who have been awarded and are waiting to hear whether their first round of offers are being accepted or not before letting the rest of us know? Anyone have any insights into this? The fact that I'm posting this means that the answer is probably already in my inbox (jk...jk), but in all seriousness...anyone?

Here's what I heard from Brandon Jones this morning:

"The timeline will be adjusted forward a few weeks. We are in the final stages of review and then on to the decision process.

We will be updating the special announcement box prior to the holiday.
Thanks for your patience.

Brandon"

59 minutes ago, insane-in-the-membrain said:

Here's what I heard from Brandon Jones this morning:

"The timeline will be adjusted forward a few weeks. We are in the final stages of review and then on to the decision process.

We will be updating the special announcement box prior to the holiday.
Thanks for your patience.

Brandon"

So basically they are waiting till the fiscal year is over and they can't award us anymore? :P Just kidding, I am glad they are at least responding to your emails and thank you for sharing with the rest of us!

They just updated the EPA site. Seems like they finished with the GRO fellowships.

• 2015 STAR Fellows are anticipated to be selected and notified of their award recommendation by early December and receive grant funding by late December.
  • 2015 GRO Fellows have been selected and notified of their award recommendation. Grant funding is anticipated by December.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...