EPA STAR 2015

kbolya1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got notification that my application did not pass peer review and received "very good" rating in C1 category. Good luck to everyone still in!

Hey Aconv,

Did you receive this notification in your email or the grants.gov website? Thanks for the update.

Hopefully all of us find out soon.

Hey Aconv,

Did you receive this notification in your email or the grants.gov website? Thanks for the update.

Hopefully all of us find out soon.

Hey Cee15 - I received a similar email this morning directly from a review officer at EPA (not the grants.gov website).  Hope this helps & I hope the rest of you hear back soon as well!  

Agreed- am in the large E3 category and haven't heard anything yet- so I'm wondering if people have received rejection e-mails yet, or if the reviewers are simply not finished the process!

It may be anomalous to have received a rejection email at the moment. I think more people would have posted. Plus, they have 1300+ candidates to personally email and compile review reports for. I think as the week(s) goes on, we'll start seeing more rejection emails trickling in. 

However, it IS a good sign that they're getting these rejections out. That means they have the external review completed and internal programmatic review is underway or waiting to start. It is promising that the process is moving forward.

Just found this page as I sat here biting my nails. I applied under B2 and have yet to hear anything.

A friend applied under D1 and got the rejection email Monday morning. Same for another friend who applied under C2.

I'm in F1 as well. No word yet.

I'm wondering if they're still in the review process of our applications or if there were a couple people that were supposed to send out the notifications and they haven't. Either way, it's nerve wracking :\

If anyone sees that/when the undergrad GRO fellowships are posted, let us know. It looks like they were planning on having those finished before they finish the STAR process.