Well, thinking you graduated from grad school, but you actually didn't

So I was set back because of a failed grade in grad school. The dumb thing is, the last final for my class was the day before graduation, so I attended the commencement, but grades posted on Tuesday revealed I failed my course and was deleted from the graduaion list. This sucks completely. I have had so many struggles, and have worked so hard in getting my degree, and one class set me back. The other thing is, I passed my comp exam, but failed the class, and now no degree! Not feeling too great. 

Contact someone immediately. Can you do something to improve your grade in the class? Extra credit, retake exam, or change retroactively to pass-fail? Can you retake the class or take another one over the summer or next fall to replace this class? Maybe you can do an independent study with someone to replace this grade or some other arrangement can be made. Don't wait too long as it's possible that an appeal could be time-sensitive. This sucks, but don't give up! Good luck, and please let us know how this turns out.

I agree, you need to talk to someone - see if you can redo a major assignment or retake the final. Graduate schools is much more flexible than undergrad; someone might be willing to work with you so that you can finish for real.

I would imagine that there is some opportunity to complete your coursework, especially if you've passed an exam round/thesis defense. Either there is supplemental work you can complete to pass the course you failed, or you may need to complete a replacement course or IS going forward. I think the important thing is to recognize/identify WHY you failed the course you did, and if it was something you can address directly (health, work/family commitments) or simply a misunderstanding of the course goals and materials.