Application Interviews

Hello everyone :) So, I won't be applying to graduate programs until Spring 16, but..I know that some schools require a personal interview in addition to your application. Just out of curiosity, what kind of questions do they ask? Thanks!

They asked me things like: tell me about yourself, why do you want to go to our school, what are you looking for in a clinical supervisor, if this happened what would you do, do you have any questions for the school ( I feel like it is always good to have a few questions because it shows you are prepared, have done research, and are really interested). I never got any content questions like what is (I've heard a few people do, but I think it's not the norm, and honestly a little stupid). In general, I think they are looking to see what kind of person you are (especially in a clinical setting) and why you are really interested in their school. Best not to worry too much, just do a little prep (maybe like half an hour to an hour) writing down possible answers, questions, etc and you will be fine! It always good to test out your webcam before hand if you are doing it via internet (check to see how you appear and make sure you don't have anything too distracting/inappropriate in the background) and make sure you have any documents you might want easily at hand (resume, list of questions, list of possible answers). It's also perfectly acceptable to ask them about their admission process time frame at the end of the interview, they should tell you. 

They asked me things like: tell me about yourself, why do you want to go to our school, what are you looking for in a clinical supervisor, if this happened what would you do, do you have any questions for the school ( I feel like it is always good to have a few questions because it shows you are prepared, have done research, and are really interested). I never got any content questions like what is (I've heard a few people do, but I think it's not the norm, and honestly a little stupid). In general, I think they are looking to see what kind of person you are (especially in a clinical setting) and why you are really interested in their school. Best not to worry too much, just do a little prep (maybe like half an hour to an hour) writing down possible answers, questions, etc and you will be fine! It always good to test out your webcam before hand if you are doing it via internet (check to see how you appear and make sure you don't have anything too distracting/inappropriate in the background) and make sure you have any documents you might want easily at hand (resume, list of questions, list of possible answers). It's also perfectly acceptable to ask them about their admission process time frame at the end of the interview, they should tell you. 

Oh well that doesn't sound bad! Thanks for the help, I'll keep this in mind if I end up applying to schools that require personal interviews  :)