SF Bay Area - looking for PhD grad students in neuroscience

ns2600

Hi - I work for small startup in the SF Bay Area (East Bay) and the team looking to hire a PhD graduate student in neuroscience for a 3-day project. All work will be conducted on-site.

We have some simple educational material and we would like the grad student to help us identify the possible brain structures stimulated by this content.

Pay: $300 pay for 3 days of work. Email - nshahji[at]yahoo[dot]com

Yeah, I agree. You're looking for a highly-trained contractor (doesn't matter that they are a student) and you're only paying $100/day? Assuming 8 hours of work, that's $12.50 an hour. That's low in general; it's especially low for the SF Bay Area. Particularly if you want an advanced graduate student; you have to be aware that the best advanced graduate students have the opportunity to contract out their work for better pay all the time. Even my own university paid me $20/hour for consulting, and when I went freelance I made a lot more.

I think assuming an 8-hour day for 3 days, you should pay at least $30/hour, which will come out to about $720 for three days. In return, you can actually get an advanced graduate student (someone who has completed the MS and is past comps, perhaps).

Hi - I work for small startup in the SF Bay Area (East Bay) and the team looking to hire a PhD graduate student in neuroscience for a 3-day project. All work will be conducted on-site.

We have some simple educational material and we would like the grad student to help us identify the possible brain structures stimulated by this content.

Pay: $300 pay for 3 days of work. Email - nshahji[at]yahoo[dot]com

i find this both insulting AND hilarious :)

• 5 weeks later...