What are the less competitive schools?

Hello. I'm wanting to go to school in the south..I have a Masters degree with a phenomenal GPA and a Bachelors degree with a HORRIBLE GPA. I'm taking the GRE next month. I want a solid program, obviously accredited. I'm not competitive for the highly ranked schools, I know that. But I do that I'm a solid student with money to attend school. What programs are less competitive? How do I find a school's acceptance rate?

Hi you didn't mention what either of those degrees were, so if they were not Communication Disorders/Speech pathology you can only apply to certain programs so take that into account as well.  I know you already have a Master's degree, but speech is different from other Master's programs in that you can't jump in with a different background unless you're going for an "extended" master's program (which builds in the extra time you need to take pre-reqs) or have done a post-baccalaureate program in this major to complete all the leveling classes.  There are a few different options for getting the job done, researching on asha edfind or typing the phrase into google should help you out.  Good luck!

Since you have a masters, check out Eastern Carolina University. They do look at your performance in former graduate degrees if you have a lower GPA. That's what the director told me a few years ago. It's possible it changed, but it doesn't hurt to ask. EXHAUST ALL YOUR OPTIONS. You only live once! :)

Edited by ImHis