Giving Inputs for LoR

paho

Dear all,

I am a German engineering student and I will be receiving my bachelors degree in september. Upon that, I am planning to gain one year of working experience and then apply for a masters programme that requires me to submit two recommendations, one from a professor and one from an employer.

As I will have left university for nearly a year when applying for the graduate programme of my choice (which is in Europe as well), I have recently approached a professor at my university, who agreed to write a recommendation for me. A few days later however, he asked me to give him a draft of the recommendation.

This might sound unusual, however recommendations are not quite part of Germanys academic culture and therefore I assume that he will simply take my draft and sign it.

This leaves me with the problem of provoding a promising draft, which I have already written, however I am not familiar with the expectations admission comitees might have. This is why I am looking for a person with experience in LoRs to proof read my draft. If anyone on the forums is willing to do so, I would be more than glad to send him my version for proof reading, and I would be more than thankful for any advice.

Thanks a Lot,

Patrick

• 5 weeks later...