Is having a BCBA as a rec frowned upon for School Psych?

I am interested in pursuing School/Clinical Psychology doctorate programs. I have some professors and research lab PIs I can use, and have used in the past. However, I have been working in Applied Behavior Analysis in a clinical setting for over a year now, with ages varying between 2 and 18. I have been supervised by 3 BCBAs and they can speak to my passion for working with kids, especially with behavioral problems, ability to build rapport, my scientific mindset, attention to details, etc. Would it be frowned upon to have one of the BCBAs, who owns the facility, to be a letter of recommendation? Or do I need to just stick with research PIs and past professors? Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, definitely a letter of recommendation is always the easier way to get into a particular field. You can have it from your BCBA and I think they won't have any issue in giving you that. 

• 1 month later...

I think it depends on what you want to do, and how strong your other letters of recs are. If the BCBA will write a much stronger letter than your past profs/PIs, then I'd recommend doing that. However, if your past prof/PIs were in the clinical/school psych department, then that may be better to your advantage.