Work Experience Prior to MSW Admission? UChicago, specifically?

Hi all, 

I have just graduated UCLA with a BA in Political Science/minor in Education

Given some personal and professional experiences over the past couple of years, I have decided to pursue a MSW.

My school of choice is UChicago, so that I can be close to my family during a hard time.

I am graduated UCLA with a 3.8, along with a lot of volunteer/leadership experience. My most rewarding volunteer internship was a year long and via JusticeCorps/AmeriCorps (serving self represented litigants who are usually being evicted from their homes). I also tutored homeless children for a semester and underprivileged children another year.

During my gap year I will be moving from California to Wisconsin, so I will not have any time to intern or gain solid work experience before the application period in the fall.

Do I still have a solid chance at being admitted into a MSW program? Specifically UChicago?

Thanks so much!

On the admissions site it should say the amount of experience they are looking for. I've found that most schools want 1-2 years. This is usually calculated looking at the actual number of hours you spent doing said work (so if you volunteered from january 2013-jan 2014 but only did 2 hrs a week that wouldnt necesarily count as a year). 

On the admissions site it should say the amount of experience they are looking for. I've found that most schools want 1-2 years. This is usually calculated looking at the actual number of hours you spent doing said work (so if you volunteered from january 2013-jan 2014 but only did 2 hrs a week that wouldnt necesarily count as a year). 

Is it better to have full-time experience? What if you did work while you were in school? I did some pretty significant work with a relevant organization while I was an undergrad, for example - can that count as "work experience?" 

I'm entering UChicago SSA straight from undergrad with a significant scholarship. The top schools of social work are, on the whole, less concerned with full-time work experience and particular prerequisite courses than lower-ranked schools of social work.