Give up or try again 2.0?

I am in Southern California and I have applied to programs in the area for two application cycles and I have not gotten in.  Because I am male and bilingual I was able to get hired on by a school district under a credential waiver.  I have a low GPA from my first undergraduate degree, 2.2, but my Comm Dis GPA is a 3.4.  I am having a hard time selling myself to the prospective schools.  

How long between your undergrad 2.2 GPA and when you took your Comm Dis classes(3.4) ?   I would apply to midwestern schools, specifically GVSU and Jackson State where I was accepted.  We have similar stats and experience.  I am bilingual and did the credential waiver SLP job for a year before getting into grad school.  Message me if you want any more feedback, etc.

Eleven years between my first undergrad and the post-bacc program at Cal State Fullerton.  My wife is open to move and she said just get in anywhere.  I have driven up to the Midwest from Texas and I did like it there.  The pace of life seemed to be a lot slower and peaceful as compared to where I am now in So-Cal.