GRE for MBA in US Universities; Is it happening?

pinku

I was recently going through the courses accepting GRE score and stumbled upon this :

http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/about/mba/programs/

Is there any one who has made to an MBA degree programme through GRE score? Or the GMAT is still preferred over GRE?

I see a lot of Ivy league universities in the list. Not sure of their acceptance rate for GRE score holders.

Anyone who can share their experiences? 

Hi! I am also preparing for MBA. I have been told that some of the University still prefers GMAT over GRE although GRE is accepted too. It depends on the University you are eligible to apply to and the field in which you want to specialize in.. I have been preparing for GMAT after I took a counseling session at The Chopras who recommended me the names of Universities accordingly.
The minimum GRE score accepted is 300 or GMAT equivalent of 500. Hope this helps. 

Hey Anushka! Thanks for the info. Appreciated. 

I have a PG and more than discipline I prioritize based on the University which will give me more exposure to constructivist approach rather than academic learning. So might go for a JD instead of core MBA course.

Best of luck for your applications :)

Hi All,

Many Schools now accept the GMAT or the GRE as part of the application process (although some still accept just the GMAT score). Regardless of how well you might 'like' standardized testing, both the GMAT and GRE are predictable, standardized Tests, so you CAN train to score at a high level on either of them.

The process for preparing is different from what you would have experienced as an Undergrad in College though - it takes time and cannot be 'crammed' (at least not if you want to score at a high level). Each Test has its 'quirks', but they're definable - so you can learn the proper tactics and practice accordingly. While it might be tempting to just grab a few books and self-study, you're not likely to learn all of the tactics, patterns and 'secrets' of either Test from just some books - so investing in additional materials can make a big difference in your scores (and those higher scores could potentially get you scholarship money later on, help you get into a better School, have a better career, etc.), so the investment can lead to a HUGE payoff over time.

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich