University of Northern Colorado

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone currently accepted or who applied or current student could tell me what GRE score I would need to be a competitive applciant for the UNCO. Thanks in advance for the help!

Is asha usaully correct about what is a competitive enough  GRE score? 148 seems very low to me 

Scores are self reported by the schools to ASHA. Remember the scores listed don't necessarily directly correlate to competitive but can give you a good idea. The scores listed (assuming the have been both reported and entered in correctly) should represent the range of scores of admitted students (so 148 is the lowest verbal reasoning score admitted and 157 is the highest). It is entirely possible and probable that many students with above a 148 were not accepted and perhaps on a different year someone with below a 148 was admitted. It is a great place to start to get a good idea of the type of applicants they accept, but don't get too caught up on the numbers because you have no idea about the other qualities that application had. 148 does seem on the low side, but remember that it is the lowest reported score of acceptance, the mean is likely far above and something about that applicant could really have stood out. So (again assuming 148 is correct) if you have around 148, you could probably take away from this data that your score does not automatically mean you will be rejected, but it would be a reach school. If you thought the other factors in your application were really strong (ie 4.0 gpa) it would probably be a good choice to apply to but by no means a sure thing. On the other hand, say you had a 160 and strong other components, this school would probably be a very good change for an acceptance (but, of course, nothing is certain). If you doubt the accuracy, I'd try checking the the program's information to see if they list stats or contact them directly. Stats also change each year and might not be updated accordingly.