Avg number of classes per day/week

For those of you who are already enrolled in a full-time SLP program, how many classes do you take per day/week? Also, about how long are your classes, and how much down-time do you have in between classes?

I was recently accepted into a graduate program, and was considering the feasibility of commuting to campus in order to save money. 

Thanks!

I'm betting that it varies a lot from school to school. I just got my schedule for the fall, and I have class every day. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have four classes back to back (from 8am to 2pm, with 15 minutes breaks). Monday/Wednesday/Friday are much lighter, with a lecture series on M/W and a class on W/F morning. 

I was able to figure out my schedule before I got an e-mail from the graduate coordinator about it by reading the student handbook, which had the list of classes most students take first semester, and then looking those classes up in the school's catalog. If your school's handbook is online, you could do something similar, or the graduate coordinator could probably outline a typical schedule for you. 

Yes, it certainly tends to vary. We had a grad orientation session and while we have classes 3 days/ week, we also have clinical and external practicums throughout the week. The schedule for the practicums will not even be known till school actually starts and is in full swing.

You can always go to the website of the school you will be attending and check out past class schedules for past semesters to see when your classes typically are.  They don;t see to change much from year to year as far as days and times.  I did this before starting school both in undergrad and grad school.

In my program classes are two days a week and on the days there wasn't class you have clinic the other two days.  Fridays are usually no class or clinic. Downtime? What's that? lol. Good luck in your program! :)

I have classes three days a week M,W,R and this semester they are all in the evening. Its interesting to see the variation across programs.

Edited by JaimeSLP

The first 2 semesters of grad school I was on campus every day except Friday, with classes 2-3 days a week and then clinic 4x week. After that our school has all classes on one day from like 8 am to 8 pm (breaks in between). Then electives of your choosing are usually at night. This gives you time to get to and from placements when-if you have one. A lot of people commute, but I know they had to select classes that worked more for their schedule versus just what they wanted to take to avoid coming multiple days. I commute about an hour and 10 minutes and it's been fine.

When I went to an open house many students said they commuted anywhere from 30 min to an hour I think. It's not impossible. I would think for most programs you'll be spending most of the day on campus in class or in the clinic.